Clearing / Resetting Battery Usage Stats without Root?

This is a discussion on Clearing / Resetting Battery Usage Stats without Root? within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I apologize if this is already floating around the forums... I searched for about 20 minutes to no avail. I downloaded "Spare Parts" which tells ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clearing / Resetting Battery Usage Stats without Root?

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Clearing / Resetting Battery Usage Stats without Root?

I apologize if this is already floating around the forums... I searched for about 20 minutes to no avail.

I downloaded "Spare Parts" which tells me how many milliseconds each program is running for. I like this, because the stock battery manager app just shows CPU time, so it doesn't really track how long you've been, say, browsing the internet, but just how much time the CPU was being used.

I'm kind of a geek, so I'm analyzing to death my battery usage. For example, I discovered that my wireless connection being on amounts to 0.35% per hour of battery use, (extended battery), or Words with Friends takes 11% (plus display-time) per hour while on, etc. I have a spreadsheet for it with all my apps, and I just want to do a couple more analyses to see how much battery my individual apps are using per hour.

Anyway, I can't get the usage statistics (ms readings) to reset. Somehow, they did reset once on their own, but now even after a full charge / power cycle, the stats are still counting up. Which is strange... I don't know how it got reset before but there is certainly no option for it.

Any ideas? I don't want to root to have to do this, so I may just have to give up if I can't do it.

Thanks

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Technician X
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    You must have root.

You could try wiping the cache partition in stock recovery. That may clear usage stats. But battery calibration stats you definitely need root for.
    Last edited by Snow02; 04-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Are they calibration stats though? It's only the usage statistics per application (run-time stats) that I'm interested in. It's strange how they were all starting at 0 ms when I downloaded Spare Parts... did installing that app somehow reset them?

I tried to uninstall / reinstall spare parts, but that unfortunately didn't do it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So somehow, those stats as seen in Spare Parts reset themselves.... and it was in the middle of the day, no charging or playing with the phone aside from normal use. If only I could force that behavior. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Ads