Is it just me or...

This is a discussion on Is it just me or... within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I sound like a broken record on most of these posts...but try factory reset...I did it once after my phone slowed wayyy down and now ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or...

X Operative Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I sound like a broken record on most of these posts...but try factory reset...I did it once after my phone slowed wayyy down and now everything is great. I am about to start a poll asking how many have experienced issues and, out of those, who has installed ATK. Me thinks there is a connection...(insert some form of dramatic music for effect)
    Don't just take a trip...go on a journey

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Is it just me that is beginning to realize that the DX is filled with problems? I've had to reboot my system a couple of times already due to freezes, grey screens and I just received the phone two days ago. Is our android pride so high that we can't face the facts and admit that the DX is filled with defects?

This section (Droid X Help) let alone is filled with complaints and problems...I'm starting to wonder if these are normal things which my gut feelings are telling me they aren't.
    All you hear is complaints, Not many users are going to bother looking for a forum, signing up just to say..."Hey, My X is running Great"....

Mine has been flawless....uptime is 235 hours right now......
    Last edited by Backnblack; 07-30-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWIE View Post
    Bill, with all due respects, i think it's you. You've started 14 threads in less than a week and I don't think you're a good candidate for a smartphone. Reason being, they are going to have small quirks and bugs. ANYTHING that pushes the limits of technology is going to have bugs. If these things bother you, stick with time-tested designs and don't expect to have roses without some thorns. Sorry if that's abrasive, but someone needed to say it.
    At running the risk of being flamed - if this is his first smartphone, it is too early to say he is not a good candidate. He is asking and learning - which is not a bad thing - if he comes to the decision that this is not the phone for him, at least he did try.

I do agree with you in regards to the small quirks & bugs and being on the cutting edge will definitely push the limits and patience (I remember owning the MotoQ - swore I would never own another Moto phone - thank goodness I didn't listen to myself on that one).
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWIE View Post
    Bill, with all due respects, i think it's you. You've started 14 threads in less than a week and I don't think you're a good candidate for a smartphone. Reason being, they are going to have small quirks and bugs. ANYTHING that pushes the limits of technology is going to have bugs. If these things bother you, stick with time-tested designs and don't expect to have roses without some thorns. Sorry if that's abrasive, but someone needed to say it.
    It's not an abrasive comment from your side, you have a point, but my 14 threads haven't been all about my phone malfunctioning on me. This IS my first smartphone since 2007 when I had a BB. Maybe I am being picky but I just didn't know that smartphones these days would come so buggy and we as consumers who pay over $200.00 for a device that we will use many times each day would find its "bugs" acceptable.

Just a few minutes ago I was going through some more customization (widgets here and there) on my phone then I went to connect to Droid Market and it couldn't connect. I checked my internet and it was at 3G and processing. Guess what I did in order for my internet to go back to working properly? Yup, you're right! Rebooted it again.

Agent X
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience PointsThree FriendsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I ahven't had any issues with mine other than the initial setup when FB was syncronizing with my contacts and such... It's been pretty good to me so far. I'm just waiting until they have an unbricker for it so I can root it and start messing around without too much worry that I will have a very expensive brick... And now that they have the source code out, it should be even easier!!!
    The Droid was BORN great

"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them..." -William Shakespeare

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I have not had any issues that was not user fault(ie ME). I had to do a battery pull once and a factory reset cause i accidentally accepted something i should not have. Since the reset the phone has been a dream.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

X Operative
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just wanted to give a shout out to D!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Update: I did a hard reset on my DX, hopefully this fixes the glitches for good. Currently setting her up again.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Every time I have installed an ap that uses text to voice, and downloads same, I start having freeze issues.
    Today I downloaded translater, it needed the text to voice software, as soon as it downloaded, the freezes started. No big deal, I just stay away from that type of program.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    love my dx but having problems with freezing. this is my first replacement and im scared it wont be the last. lol like i said love the phone but damn , it disappointed me today =/
    any chance that the problem can be fixed? i really want to keep this phone but if it keeps messing up i might get something else

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads