Error trying to log in with stock facebook app (Not normal) + other problems -longish

This is a discussion on Error trying to log in with stock facebook app (Not normal) + other problems -longish within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've done tons of searches and I've seen just about every answer it seemed people have to offer. Heres the situation: Earlier today I went ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error trying to log in with stock facebook app (Not normal) + other problems -longish

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Error trying to log in with stock facebook app (Not normal) + other problems -longish

I've done tons of searches and I've seen just about every answer it seemed people have to offer. Heres the situation:

Earlier today I went to download an app, I forget what it was, but it was clean (Good reviews, some sort of oil change remind app). It downloaded, and then for some reason the install failed. This was while I was at work. My battery died later in the day, as it usually does because I use my phone a lot. When I got home, I plugged it in, let it charge to about 20 percent, and then went to turn it on only to have it freeze at the motorola symbol. Battery pull, and retry..same thing. Finally I held down the home button, while turning it on, which took me to the (insert name I forget here) screen, and I did something, not the reset, which turned the phone off..next time I turned it back on, it was all good. I found this really weird, it's never done it before.

I did searches on the whole application installation failed thing which lead me to clearing the cache for Market..problem still existed. Another search told me that I could go under applications, click on market, and click on uninstall updates (it said this has worked for some). When I tried this, it said uninstall failed. Although the uninstallation of the updates "failed", it some how completely disabled to market app, saying it couldn't be found. After a few resets and battery pulls, I was sure this wasn't going to solve itself..reading online (Yet again), the only conclusion I came to was do the factory reset.

I made sure as best I could that everything was backed up, bit down hard, and reset it. After a few agonizing minutes, everything started up. I set up my google account, which thankfully loaded all of my contacts (I think, I don't know if any are missing, but I know most, if not all, are there). The first thing I did was go into the Market, which immediately started downloading some updates for some of the stock apps. Good sign..yet I went to download something to test it, and the installation failed thing popped up again. After a few more tries, it finally went though, but this makes me nervous..it never happened before today, and it happened immediately after I did the rest..is something wrong with my phone, and will that happen again?

Now, onto my main question/problem. I cannot, for the life of me, log into my facebook account that comes with the phone. I know I can use the app, or go to the full website, or the mobile website, as many of the responses to this problem point out, but the main thing I want is for it to sync up all of my contacts pictures, birthdays, etc. Now this part was working fine on my phone before the reset. I know of the turning on platforms under privacy settings fix, which was done before, and quadruple checked since this problem arose. I made a new facebook, and tried signing in to no avail, so it's nothing to do with my specific account. I do not get an "incorrect password" message if I type any of the info wrong, I just continually get the "An internal server error occurred. Please try again" message. I've tried playing with all the settings on my phone, logging in on the website on both the phone and computers, I've tried being completely logged out of everything before trying it on my phone, I've tried entering my cell number instead of my email address, I've deleted the "Facebook for blackberry" app/permissions that were left over on my facebook for years ago, I've tried doing it over both wifi and 3G...I'm pretty sure I've tried every trick that people have put into words on the internet. I'm sure you all are sick of reading at this point, and I apologize. I'm just frustrated with this thing and I want it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lorenzo

ETA - I forgot to add, this phone is not currently, nor was it ever, rooted. I am up to date with version 2.2.1. I didn't have too many apps installed, less than 30, and other than that I had tons of memory free..probably 6GB on the phone, and another 12GB on the SD card. A handful of songs, around 400 pictures..is there anything else I can add that may help with an answer?
    Last edited by DroidXcellent; 03-21-2011 at 09:52 PM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Bump before work..

Agent X
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    I didn't do any thing to my phone and it failed twice to log in to Facebook this morning ....
    Sent from Mopar-x

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 8.9%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I would like to know the answer too. Ive had the same problem for about 2 months. Keeps giving me the same error, saying wrong password. I lost all of my facebook contacts as a result.

Sent from DarkSlide 4.2

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 21.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Wasn't there an article a while back about Google not letting Facebook sync the contacts?? Hmmm Facebook app has been iffy lately. It could be an app problem. Maybe email the dev and let them know you're having problems.

~~**May's X**~~

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Got the Facebook problem working, I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it, but after trying a handful of more logins at work, I put the actual social networking widget back on my home screen (I deleted that, previously) clicked on that, clicked set up new account, facebook..which took me to the same screen as I would be on had I just went through the account option on the phone. Anyway, logged me right in on the first try..not sure if THAT had anything to do with it, or if that was just the magic number of tries, but regardless, it set up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by noXcuse View Post
    I would like to know the answer too. Ive had the same problem for about 2 months. Keeps giving me the same error, saying wrong password. I lost all of my facebook contacts as a result.

Sent from DarkSlide 4.2
    Just for the hell of it, did you try changing your password on facebook, and then reentering the new one on your phone? It's a long shot, but if you didn't try it yet it can't hurt..

Does anyone know why my market fails at installing EVERYTHING?! GAH! It's so frustrating..I can't get a single damn thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads