getting contacts on my droid x

This is a discussion on getting contacts on my droid x within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; so i ordered the droidx on 7/26...still waiting ofcourse for the device. im coming from the iphone, still have, until the x comes...now how can ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Abe21599
  • 1 Post By seapup

Thread: getting contacts on my droid x

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

getting contacts on my droid x

so i ordered the droidx on 7/26...still waiting ofcourse for the device.

im coming from the iphone, still have, until the x comes...now how can i get my contacts onto my new droidx? i have a macbook with them on it..and ofcourse the iphone...

since i dont have the new phone, really dont know if there is an easy way...just wanted to ask now so i know when i get it! thanks.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    sync everything you can with google!

you need a gmail to use the phone - so add your contacts to that or make one

same goes for calendar, etc...

Hope that helps out

X Operative
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    so i ordered the droidx on 7/26...still waiting ofcourse for the device.

im coming from the iphone, still have, until the x comes...now how can i get my contacts onto my new droidx? i have a macbook with them on it..and ofcourse the iphone...

since i dont have the new phone, really dont know if there is an easy way...just wanted to ask now so i know when i get it! thanks.
    As Abe21599 said... everything is synced through Google so now is the time to create a Gmail account and load up your contacts there. Export your contacts to a .csv or vCard file from your Apple Address Book or whatever you're using on your old platform(s), then go to your Gmail account using a web browser and click on the Contacts link on the left side of the page. Click the "Import" link in the upper right corner of the page and point to your CSV or vCard file. Click the Import button and you're good to go. If you plan on using "Groups", make sure all your contacts are in Gmail's "My Contacts" first. Enter as much additional contact data as possible (physical addresses, email addresses, nicknames, etc.) because your DX's apps will be making good use of it.

When you start up your DX for the 1st time, it will prompt you to enter your Gmail Username and Password. After entering this info, if you have a connection, all your contacts will automatically get pushed from the Google cloud to your new phone.

If this is your 1st Android device, read through the User Guide and start playing around. Going from an iPhone to Android involves a learning curve, so give it a week or two and try not to get too frustrated. After you get used to Android, you'll wonder why you didn't make the switch sooner.
    medicscott likes this.

I am working through the same concerns, long time iphone user trying to make the droid work. I have a Droid x that I have been playing with for 2 weeks now. Getting contacts and calendars from iCal/Address book to google to Android - no problem. Just go into address book preferences and there is a checkbox to sync with google (at least in Snow leopard there is). Calendar works great, both the macbook and google pushes to the android no matter where you enter the info. The issue I am having is if I enter a contact on the Droid x, it will push to google and address book. However entering a new contact in address book it does not push to google or the Droid. It is however creating dublicate and now triplicate contacts... any suggestions?

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biggblokk View Post
    I am working through the same concerns, long time iphone user trying to make the droid work. I have a Droid x that I have been playing with for 2 weeks now. Getting contacts and calendars from iCal/Address book to google to Android - no problem. Just go into address book preferences and there is a checkbox to sync with google (at least in Snow leopard there is). Calendar works great, both the macbook and google pushes to the android no matter where you enter the info. The issue I am having is if I enter a contact on the Droid x, it will push to google and address book. However entering a new contact in address book it does not push to google or the Droid. It is however creating dublicate and now triplicate contacts... any suggestions?
    Well, I am not even getting this far....I marked the sync with google box in address book, but it still does not sync to google....bigger problem, I can't get the ical to sync with the google, therefore not getting to my DROID....I have read and read and tried various things, but just isn't working. Can someone give me specific instructions on both please? I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, but this is all I got doing a search...Thanks

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That makes 2 of us. The contacts sync over nicely, but getting duplicates. That doesn't work when I have almost 1,000 contacts. And I follow the directions on google to set up the google calendar to sync with ical. But ical events did not sync over.
    I hate AT&T but there sure isn't this type of complications with the iphone.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, found easy solution, free download, SyncMate. Easy step by step instructions. Worked the first time. Sync address book and calendar to gmail account. That's all that is needed to get Droid up and running. It worked the first time. Everything is now on my gmail account. Next is to buy a phone, and that should be the easy part, I hope. Setting it up to the gmail account.

Remove Ads

Ads