Youtube Upload Fails

This is a discussion on Youtube Upload Fails within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Since I have to drive about 10miles to hit a wifi spot, I send mine via email. Only way I have figured out to get ...

View Poll Results: See question in first post.

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, but files less than 100 MB in size upload with no problem.

0 0%
  • No, and files less than 100 MB also fail.

6 42.86%
  • No, and I havenít tried smaller files.

7 50.00%
  • Yes, I have had no problems.

1 7.14%
  • Other (please reply to thread)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youtube Upload Fails

X Operative
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Since I have to drive about 10miles to hit a wifi spot, I send mine via email. Only way I have figured out to get them there so far.
    *I do hear voices in my head, but since I dont speak French, I ignore them*

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had similar problems. I found that I need to open WiFi first and then access the video in the gallery. That seems to have solved the problem for me. Good luck.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    This is still failing for me with the leaked 2.2 For those of you reporting success, what is the largest file you have successfully uploaded to youtube via wifi?
    Happy Birthday Spray, I'm Disappointed in You.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a Droid X, and have tried using the "Share" option, under Gallery, to upload to Youtube, and have used the Youtube app to upload to youtube, and both have failed, citing that they are retrying, and sit a 0%. I have tried on my home network, Dlink router, with WPA2-TKIP/PSK, and with WPA2-TKIP. I also have tried at a business customer's location with a Linksys WRT54G router, and WEP encryption, and get the same results. I am going to try at my work, which has a business class Linksys router, and no encryption, and will post results shortly. My file size is 27.8 MB.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I also encountered the same problem while trying to upload a video to Youtube, it gave me the error: "can't upload videos larger than 1 GB". I just bought my Droid X 4 days ago and it came installed with Froyo 2.2.
    So I poked and prodded and finally stumbled across a thread that stated you can't upload 720p HD videos to Youtube over a wifi connection. The thread also mentioned that you can change the resolution of the video. Since I am a new Droid X user, I have no clue how to do so.

Anyone else figure out something?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    When I first got my X I had no problem uploading to youtube running stock 2.1 Eclair. I then did the 2.2 Froya OTA, and had issues uploading. Now I am rooted and OC'd using FlyX0.1 (final) and have encountered the same issue everyone above has mentioned. File size doesn't matter, but what has worked has been using the email option provided with the updated YouTube app. My thought is that this is an OS issue since it worked on 2.1....I'll flash back to 2.1 and let you know if I have any success.

X Operative
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 5.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    maybe i can get some help i upload videos alot on youtube. and it seems if i keep video settings on the droid x on HD i can only record 30 seconds anymore and youtube wont let it upload. so iv been forced to use QVGA which is PIXILATED
    Ghost

Took me literally days and multiple youtube videos, blogs, etc. to figure it out. I uploaded small (maybe 15 meg files) with no problems using 3G, not WiFi. This file that was causing me problems was 45 megs. Two problems. 1) I thought I was connected to my school's WiFi (because internet browser would load), but after using the Help Center in a desperate attempt to get video to work, a screen (from my school) popped up saying I had to log in to the WiFi with my school username and password. So even though I though I was using WiFi, maybe I wasn't really? 2) Ok, so now I'm connected to WiFi FOR SURE. But it still wasn't working! The upload started immediately after I ran my Lookout security scan and then TURNED IT OFF. Of the many things I did today, I think that was the most important. Disable Lookout or any other security.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads