Droid X Charger Problems

This is a discussion on Droid X Charger Problems within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I did a search and didn't find anything, so pardon if it's been talked about...is anyone else having issues when plugging their Droid X into ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid X Charger Problems

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droid X Charger Problems

I did a search and didn't find anything, so pardon if it's been talked about...is anyone else having issues when plugging their Droid X into the wall charger? Sometimes it is not recognizing being attached to a charger, and it doesn't charge. I need to pull the charger plug from the wall, and replug it for it to get the charging spark signal. I tried on different outlets to see if it was an outlet problem, but it appears it's intermittent and without rhyme or reason. I ordered a new wall charger from fleabay to see if it helps.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Droid X won't charge

Been using my DroidX for about a week and a half. Had the initial issue of not getting enough juice through a USB port to charge the phone, corrected that by hooking up to the included wall charger. Today, I charged my phone by the 12v car charger bundled by verizon, which worked, but didn't charge the battery as much as I thought it should have (couple hours on DC should've topped it off IMO). Now I'm back home, I plug it in to the wall charger, and I get no charging indicator on the UI, both topbar and lock screens. I plug and unplug several times, and at one point the phone recognized a USB connection (to the wall, mind you), but no charging. I swapped outlets, and ceased getting the USB connection messages, still no charge. So I left it plugged in and took a nap. During this nap, the phone died. The green light atop the phone came on, but the charging animation screen never came on. I came back to it, plugged and unplugged, the green light works fine, but still no animation. I took the phone to my car, plugged it in to the 12v charger again, got the green light, but no animation. I try to power on the phone, and the bootloader pops up some text, flashing "Cannot Program; Battery low". Update: back on the AC charger, now I can't get a consistent green light either.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same issue VZ Tech sending new battery and wall charger and new phone if problem persists

Same issue (didn't find this post when I made a similar post yesterday)

Been using my DroidX for about a week and a half. Had the initial issue of not getting enough juice through a USB port to charge the phone, corrected that by hooking up to the included wall charger. Today, I charged my phone by the 12v car charger bundled by verizon, which worked, but didn't charge the battery as much as I thought it should have (couple hours on DC should've topped it off IMO). Now I'm back home, I plug it in to the wall charger, and I get no charging indicator on the UI, both topbar and lock screens. I plug and unplug several times, and at one point the phone recognized a USB connection (to the wall, mind you), but no charging. I swapped outlets, and ceased getting the USB connection messages, still no charge. So I left it plugged in and took a nap. During this nap, the phone died. The green light atop the phone came on, but the charging animation screen never came on. I came back to it, plugged and unplugged, the green light works fine, but still no animation. I took the phone to my car, plugged it in to the 12v charger again, got the green light, but no animation. I try to power on the phone, and the bootloader pops up some text, flashing "Cannot Program; Battery low". Update: back on the AC charger, now I can't get a consistent green light either.
    At any rate, I took it in to Verizon, who confirmed the same things I did (Verizon no longer employs actual techs), and took the additional step of trying a brand new battery. Phone worked fine with a charge, but still wouldn't enter charging mode.

Here's what's happening; the chargers and cables are fine. The phone's charge regulator isn't boosting the charge current, so the phone is only getting a trickle charge. The salesman said he hadn't heard of any issue but the unsynched contact list/phone book issue... but I'm seeing more of this problem cropping up as people get a few charge cycles on their phones.

Now what i get leaving it plugged in, is the phone gets enough juice to boot every so often, and a minute or so after it boots, it dies again. Kinda annoying hearing "drooooid" in the middle of the night, from a phone that's not currently activated.

At any rate, unless I miss my guess, this will always be an exchange issue. I have a new dX in the mail, hopefully get here by the end of the week.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same Issue

Hey My droid X is having the same problem. I am unable to charge it at all, but with a fresh battery it works fine. I took it into the VZW store, and they are overnighting me a new one.

X Operative Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I am finding that my car charger does not seem to charge my X at all. I can plug it in and it says "charging" and at 60%...drive around for an hour or so and it still says 60%. Wall charger still seems to be charging just fine though. I am trying to figure out if the charge indicator on the phone is showing the correct level.

X Operative
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thecta View Post
    I am finding that my car charger does not seem to charge my X at all. I can plug it in and it says "charging" and at 60%...drive around for an hour or so and it still says 60%. Wall charger still seems to be charging just fine though. I am trying to figure out if the charge indicator on the phone is showing the correct level.
    call *611 and talk to a rep and tell them your car charger is not working. i was talking to a rep last week and was complaining about the vzw screen protectors and he said the only trouble ticket was for car chargers not charging the X right. maybe you can get a new one or some kind of help

you complain about the screen protector being too small? Kinda annoyed me.

There was a slightly earlier thread that I missed when I posted, maybe we can get a mod to merge..

Droid X Charger Problems

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same problem with the car charger. Either it won't charge at all, or does not charge much. It worked great when I first used it. Noticed it wasn't working correctly some time after the last phone update. Part of that update said something about updating the charging icon so perhaps it affected charging as well? Also, the new big charger icon only comes on on rare occasions, so you still have to loook at the mini battery icon to see if you're charging.

I have been using my X for a week and am having problems charging also? Left in on charge all night and only showing 60% this morning. Also having the issue with the phone not recognizing when plugged into an outlet a couple of times. I will call VZW today and see what they say?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads