Email problem

This is a discussion on Email problem within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Had a problem last November where email wouldn't push thru and sent emails would sit in inbox. This is for pop email using Comcast. Not ...

Thread: Email problem

X Informant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 1.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Email problem

Had a problem last November where email wouldn't push thru and sent emails would sit in inbox. This is for pop email using Comcast. Not gmail.

Tried to fix it with no luck so I used maildroid.

A month ago I tried again with stock email and it worked so I switched to that. Now today I'm back to no email being pushed or sent. I don't think I didn't anything different so why is it back to the broken way?

I went and cleared cache and data from any messaging system process I could and it seems to have worked but I did this the first time and it just reverted to the broken form eventually.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Technician X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    The clogging of email flow using the stock app is a documented issue on the Droid x. I am not sure about other phones. Google it and search Motorola's support site and you will see it affects many.

For me I have documented it to occur using stock phone or a rom. Also I have had touchdown program do it. I have had it happen with imap and exchange. Ivhave no further input because I just cannot detect a pattern so I'm stumped.

I can offer three solutions:
    1. Go blackberry of you live and die by email
    2. Battery pull will get things flowing but it is annoying to have to do.
    3. Run an AOSP rom. (E.g. liberty) the AOSP inbox will show the outgoing folder when a message is stuck in there. At least it is a clue some times that you are having the issue arise
    4. Maybe just battery pull each morning as a preimtive measure?

I'm with you... it blows. Send and receive email seems like a small thing to ask

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Technician X
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Also, the extreme lack of replies to your and my threads on this issue combined with the obsession of so many users on every little detail and function of this phone makes me believe it is a tough problem to identify and likely affects not too many people. I can't imagine that all the members of this forum would be so silent if their email clogged like mine does so often.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Technician X
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    I had that issue one time. A reboot fixed it and it hasn't happened since. Someone else posted a thread with this issue last week, and a reboot fixed it for them as well.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 3.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    So is there a good third party email app that will do what the stock app does? I have to get not only my gmail account, but my business email on it, as well.
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!

Technician X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Personally, I love the stock app. When run on a blur-less rom it's even better than the stock universal inbox. I heard a lot of people sing the praises of K9. I used breifly and didn't like better than stock. People that need corporate email tend to graviate toward programs like Touchdown. I thought TD was superior in delivery, but I'm running both and one morning it was failing to notify me while the stock email app was sending me emails. This went on for hours. TD does let you have a fully functioning version for 30 days which is more than enought time to decide if you like.

You don't have your phone yet I read on your tag, so you may not know what this means, but consider using a blur-free from like Liberty or Rubix. The email box is diffferent (and superior IMHO) to the blur-based universal inbox. You get the side benefit of the superior speed, stability, and battery life of a rom. If you like the stock universal inbox, then roms like Apex have all the advantages of removing most blur (e.g. better battery, speed, etc) but they keep the universal inbox and blur contacts so it's a good tradeoff.

If you venture into root and rom land, please read up. You will learn that doing the following is key:
    - immediately after root, install droidx bootstrap
    - use DXB to reboot into clockwork recovery
    - once there immediatly proceede to make a backup (called nandroid backup).
    - that backup is of your phone's OS and is on the SD card so copy to your computer so you have a backup of the precious backup

From that 1st nandroid backup, you can always return to your pre-rom adventures should you desire to do that one day (like when you want to take an over the air update or have your phone serviced).

Yes, I am procrastinating from doing something else that I don't want to do right now

Technician X
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    So is there a good third party email app that will do what the stock app does? I have to get not only my gmail account, but my business email on it, as well.
    I would recommend loading K-9 and using it for a week or more. I say this because I installed it - tried for a day and gave up on it. After continued input from many members on this forum whom I respect, I gave it another try. After playing with it over a weekend I have been made a convert and use it for all my email (work and personal accounts). The program has a lot of options and it takes some tweaking to get it to a point where it is appealing. If you decide to give it a go let me know and I would be more than willing to help with what I've learned.
    "Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

Technician X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Also, I think K9 now has exchange support, but I'm not certain about that.

Remove Ads

Ads