Facebook "internal server error"

This is a discussion on Facebook "internal server error" within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I have both the android app and the built in facebook shortcut. I go to accounts and then add. When I click the faceboon for ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facebook "internal server error"

X Lurker
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Facebook "internal server error"

I have both the android app and the built in facebook shortcut. I go to accounts and then add. When I click the faceboon for android app nothing happens. When I click the built in fb icon, and then enter my correct info, I get the aforementioned error "an internal server error has occurred".

I searched and what I found was to use the android app but that icon doesn't work. Any suggestions/tricks?

Thanks,
    Mike

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    First: Uninstall the Facebook app from your droid. Go to your My Accounts and remove the facebook account if you have one. Reboot the phone and ensure ALL facebook accounts and apps are gone.

Second : Log onto facebook, on a computer NOT YOUR DROID go to accounts>privacy settings> underneath "apps and websites" (at bottom left) click edit your settings>under "apps you use" click turn on all platform apps. You will not see anything go to step three.

Third: Go to Android Market and down load the original Facebook app. Put in user name and password, you should get no internal server error now. Once you login in successfully reboot the phone. Go to My Accounts underneath the menu and add Facebook.

This is exactly what I did and it solved my problem I hope it works for you.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I saw this fix a day ago and tried it. Works like a charm. Thanks for the reply

Sent by a magical pink unicorn owned and operated by my Droid X. Running Apex 1.3.1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stretchguy View Post
    First: Uninstall the Facebook app from your droid. Go to your My Accounts and remove the facebook account if you have one. Reboot the phone and ensure ALL facebook accounts and apps are gone.

Second : Log onto facebook, on a computer NOT YOUR DROID go to accounts>privacy settings> underneath "apps and websites" (at bottom left) click edit your settings>under "apps you use" click turn on all platform apps. You will not see anything go to step three.

Third: Go to Android Market and down load the original Facebook app. Put in user name and password, you should get no internal server error now. Once you login in successfully reboot the phone. Go to My Accounts underneath the menu and add Facebook.

This is exactly what I did and it solved my problem I hope it works for you.
    This worked you are AWESOME! Thanks

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i followed the steps and even turned off apps on FB and turned back on and have been looking around the internet with no luck any other suggestions?? without factory reset.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads