Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth

This is a discussion on Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; UPDATE (Finally Fixed!): A lot has changed since I originally posted this message. Several months ago I switch to a different ROM on my DroidX. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    UPDATE (Finally Fixed!):

A lot has changed since I originally posted this message. Several months ago I switch to a different ROM on my DroidX. I used Apex 1.3 then Apex 1.3.1. The Apex ROM is based off Froyo (Android 2.2). It also strips out most of the Moto Blur bloat from the phone. It also added the default voice dialing app from Google I mentioned earlier called "Voice Dialing". Although I tried it and still had the exact same problems as all the other apps mentioned above.

Another thing I did was send my CK3000 module out to Parrot to upgraded to the lastest firmware. I tried doing it my self first with the appropriate proprietary cable but ended up bricking it. But that's another story. When I got the CK3000 back it was at the latest 5.24C firmware. However, I still had all the above issues.

Finally a couple of days ago I switched to a new ROM for he DroidX based off one of the leaked Gingerbread kernels (Android 2.3) called LexLite Gingeraid 4.2. It can be downloaded at http://www.drewgaren.com. FINALLY all my bluetooth issues are now fixed. I can not initiate voice dialling from my CK3000 correctly. I can also hear the voice commands and interact with them correctly over the bluetooth.

So this issue ended up being probably some modifications Motorola did to the android source specifically for the DroidX. Those issues are fixed in the Gingerbread DroidX code. The official OTA update should be coming out soon. But for those who have rooted phones and don't want to wait checkout LexLite. It's pretty nice.

Kevin
    Last edited by DJUnix; 05-07-2011 at 09:14 AM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads