Droid X Lag Issues

This is a discussion on Droid X Lag Issues within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hello everyone. This is officially my first post. I have owned my Droid X for almost a month and this is my first smartphone. I ...

Thread: Droid X Lag Issues

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droid X Lag Issues

Hello everyone. This is officially my first post. I have owned my Droid X for almost a month and this is my first smartphone.

I am running android 2.2.1 rooted with Z4root. Im using ADW launcher and overclocking with DX overclocker at 1.2 Ghz. So what is the problem? Major lag. Why is my phone lagging so much? I have a few apps on my phone (120+) and my homescreens are pretty full but is my Droid really going to lag from apps and widgets? Come on X don't be a *****.

I read that installing a new kernel is the key. Is this the key to enhancing performance? Will installing a new ROM enhance performance or are ROMS simply aesthetic oriented?

My phone lags when I need to unlock it. My phone lags a lot when switching from horizontal view to vertical view. Also concernig overclocking. I cant seem to get my overcloclking stabalized, i keep getting reboots. Any pointing towards some good posts and or advice would be highly appreciated so i can get the most out of my Droid X device.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsYour first Group31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    728 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your lagging issues could be caused by a couple different things....
    Screen lag is probably due to the amount of widgets you have running on your screens.

As far as your reboots due to OC, you might need to lower the clock settings and play with different voltages.
    If you wan to see a performance boost I suggest flashing a custom ROM.

Right now in my opinion the 2 best ROMS out for the latest update is ApeX (which I'm running) and GummyJar

Before flashing any ROMS you are going to want to make a nandroid backup. You will need Droid X bootstrapper download for free here My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)
    nice guide written by Droid-Xer here [HOW TO] Use Droid X Bootstrap
    I recommend this thread aswell http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...overclock.html

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick reply. So ROMS do in fact increase performance then? Do they change the kernel or is that something seperate? I read this elsewhere.

Kernel: The governor of the CPU usage and Battery output, one can upload certain Kernels to achieve greater performance speed of their device at the cost of some battery life

I had been looking into Apex and Ultimate Droid for a while. Will I loose my apps when flashing a custom ROM?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    ROMs optimize your system for speed and perofrmance. But do your research first. ROMs are not something to jump into. And welcome to the forums.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsYour first Group31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    728 times
    Yes, ROMS definitely give you a boost in perfomance over stock
    All your apps are essentialy tied in with your gmail account. Once you reactivate the phone after flashing a ROM, all you would need to do is open up the market and your apps will be listed for redownload by clicking "my apps" in the market. What I do is back them up with Titanium Backup aswell.

Like Droid-Xer mentioned, definitely a good idea to read and research before jumping into flashing ROMS.

itisme1760
    Flashing GummyJar really helped in lag and battery improvement. Before the slide to unlock would just chug its way over. Now, it's smooth as ice.

Remove Ads

Ads