keep getting "text message not sent"messages after i send a text or delete one

This is a discussion on keep getting "text message not sent"messages after i send a text or delete one within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; after i send a text or delete one, i get a text message icon with a red x over it, immediately after i send or ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: keep getting "text message not sent"messages after i send a text or delete one

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

keep getting "text message not sent"messages after i send a text or delete one

after i send a text or delete one, i get a text message icon with a red x over it, immediately after i send or delete a text. itll say "text message not sent" next to it in the notification bar on top. but my texts are going to who ever im sending them to. its weird.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Unhappy Same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by px08 View Post
    after i send a text or delete one, i get a text message icon with a red x over it, immediately after i send or delete a text. itll say "text message not sent" next to it in the notification bar on top. but my texts are going to who ever im sending them to. its weird.
    I'm having the exact same problem. In my notifications bar it says that 2 text messages aren't sent. I always click on the notification message and it takes me to my text messages. I search through all of my texts and find no issues. I've deleted all of my text messages, removed my battery and called the number to reprogram the phone. Nothing makes it go away. It always returns when I reply to or write a new text. So far, Verizon has told me that my only option would be to warranty replace the phone. It's only a slight annoyance so not gonna go that far just yet... Would love to know why it does this though.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Artalma View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem. In my notifications bar it says that 2 text messages aren't sent. I always click on the notification message and it takes me to my text messages. I search through all of my texts and find no issues. I've deleted all of my text messages, removed my battery and called the number to reprogram the phone. Nothing makes it go away. It always returns when I reply to or write a new text. So far, Verizon has told me that my only option would be to warranty replace the phone. It's only a slight annoyance so not gonna go that far just yet... Would love to know why it does this though.
    I got mine to stop doing it finally. I had to do a factory reset in the settings options.
    Artalma likes this.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

How much does "reset" wipe on the phone?

I got mine to stop doing it finally. I had to do a factory reset in the settings options.
    How much of your customization did you lose though by doing a factory reset? I thought about doing it, but wondered how much I'd have to work to put the phone back to the state I have it now. I've put alot of time and effort into making the home screens, apps, etc. the way I like them. At the very least, will it keep my apps? Is it just basic phone settings that are reset?

Thanks.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    How much of your customization did you lose though by doing a factory reset? I thought about doing it, but wondered how much I'd have to work to put the phone back to the state I have it now. I've put alot of time and effort into making the home screens, apps, etc. the way I like them. At the very least, will it keep my apps? Is it just basic phone settings that are reset?

Thanks.
    You lose everything. It wipes out everything besides any pictures or videos you've taken.so you'll have to get your apps redownloaded and customize everything all over again. It resets ur phone back to when u got it out of the box. I did it and recustomized everything but it stop it. And i think the problem started after i got a picture message and a box popped up saying "send read report yes or no" i hit yes and that's when i started getting those messages. I don't even know y i got that message for the read report in the first place. But i got it to stop now.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    You lose everything. It wipes out everything besides any pictures or videos you've taken.so you'll have to get your apps redownloaded and customize everything all over again. It resets ur phone back to when u got it out of the box. I did it and recustomized everything but it stop it. And i think the problem started after i got a picture message and a box popped up saying "send read report yes or no" i hit yes and that's when i started getting those messages. I don't even know y i got that message for the read report in the first place. But i got it to stop now.
    Thanks again for the info. Since I was so hesitant to erase everything that I've done so far on my Droid, I continued to search the internet to see if anyone else was having the same issues and/or whether or not they discovered a less absolute fix for the problem. I'm glad I did because I found some info on the Verizon forums. Someone else had the same issue and discovered the fix on their own (Verizon techies had no clue). Apparently, if you downloaded some form of text messaging app from the market and then later deleted it, the settings from the old app stay buried somewhere within the Droid's operating system files and it continues to mimic the attributes of the deleted app. Now, not sure if that means that just the settings remained and were the issue, or if it was the fact that the old settings were looking for an app that no longer existed on the phone. Regardless, the poster on Verizon forums stated that he fixed his issue by reinstalling the previously deleted text messaging app and altered the settings to notify him of unsent text messages or unsent delivery/read reports. Voila, it was fixed. Since I knew I had installed a text messaging app and subsequently removed it, I figured that must have been my problem as well. Only thing is, I don't remember the name of the app that may have caused me all of these issues. So, going from the Verizon post, I decided to install Hancent (a text messaging UI) with the idea that maybe if I changed the settings and then uninstalled that app, all would be well. Well, once installed, my "text messages not sent" notifications ceased thereby fixing my problem. HURRAY! But, since I really like that app, I went ahead and left it installed. Now, I'm not sure if uninstalling Handcent will make the "unsent" notifications return, but since I'm happy where my phone is at now, I'm not going to check into that theory. So, for you, if you end up having the unwanted notifications return, look into what you may have changed recently regarding text messaging apps....because that may be the source of your problem as well. That way, you won't have to do a complete reset again to fix it. Hopefully, others having the same issues that we had will find their way to this thread and get some relief.
    krisers, DroidXGirl1 and bbell67 like this.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Solution: Use Handcent to delete undelivered messages

I experienced the exact same problem on my Droid X. I clicked yes to send a return receipt on a text message containing an image. The real problem appears to be that the default "Text Messaging" app does not show you a failed message queue, but will continually try to resend them. The good news is that Handcent shows you this queue and allows you to delete these messages. You do not need to continue to use Handcent, just use it to delete undelivered messages (I like the appearance and feel of the default app). Make sure to turn off Handcent's notifications if you plan to keep it installed as a deletion utility.

Solution:
    1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace
    2. Launch Handcent SMS
    3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages
    4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!
    Last edited by majgis; 08-03-2010 at 02:17 AM.
    rooseveltchrldr, krisers and dale like this.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I also got the send read receipt after receiving a picture message. I clicked yes, and thats when it started. I am so glad I found this forum! I had never downloaded this Handcent SMS app before, but thank you to MAJGIS because all I had to do was install that app, and clear out the undelivered messages (it would say I had 3 undelivered messages), and it was all good! I dont like that app, so I deleted it, and now my phone works just fine! Thank you so much!!!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

this was my solution

I was having the exact same problem. It turns out I used a app called Contacts Cleanup. It was putting a +1 prefix in front of all my contact numbers and making them invalid. I removed the +1 from a contact and tried send a text and it worked. Hope this helps.

X Informant
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    wow I had the same exact problem today....sent a bunch of txt to differnet ppl and keep getting failed delivery pop up at top and didn't see the "sent" sign on on the bottom of the txt....was messing around and phone rebooted itself which was weird and now it works....do you think i still should get that app??

DROOOOOOOOOOID

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads