keep getting "text message not sent"messages after i send a text or delete one

This is a discussion on keep getting "text message not sent"messages after i send a text or delete one within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Originally Posted by Artalma Thanks again for the info. Since I was so hesitant to erase everything that I've done so far on my Droid, ...


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: keep getting "text message not sent"messages after i send a text or delete one

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Artalma View Post
    Thanks again for the info. Since I was so hesitant to erase everything that I've done so far on my Droid, I continued to search the internet to see if anyone else was having the same issues and/or whether or not they discovered a less absolute fix for the problem. I'm glad I did because I found some info on the Verizon forums. Someone else had the same issue and discovered the fix on their own (Verizon techies had no clue). Apparently, if you downloaded some form of text messaging app from the market and then later deleted it, the settings from the old app stay buried somewhere within the Droid's operating system files and it continues to mimic the attributes of the deleted app. Now, not sure if that means that just the settings remained and were the issue, or if it was the fact that the old settings were looking for an app that no longer existed on the phone. Regardless, the poster on Verizon forums stated that he fixed his issue by reinstalling the previously deleted text messaging app and altered the settings to notify him of unsent text messages or unsent delivery/read reports. Voila, it was fixed. Since I knew I had installed a text messaging app and subsequently removed it, I figured that must have been my problem as well. Only thing is, I don't remember the name of the app that may have caused me all of these issues. So, going from the Verizon post, I decided to install Hancent (a text messaging UI) with the idea that maybe if I changed the settings and then uninstalled that app, all would be well. Well, once installed, my "text messages not sent" notifications ceased thereby fixing my problem. HURRAY! But, since I really like that app, I went ahead and left it installed. Now, I'm not sure if uninstalling Handcent will make the "unsent" notifications return, but since I'm happy where my phone is at now, I'm not going to check into that theory. So, for you, if you end up having the unwanted notifications return, look into what you may have changed recently regarding text messaging apps....because that may be the source of your problem as well. That way, you won't have to do a complete reset again to fix it. Hopefully, others having the same issues that we had will find their way to this thread and get some relief.
    you have no idea how much of a lifesaver you are.

    this really works! i downloaded it, fixed the problem by deleting the unsent conversations, and voila! no more stupid notification!!! i know its not that big of a problem, but it gets rele annoying when u see it every time haha

    thanks again!

  2. Droid X Forums
    Ads


  3. #12

    Thanks a Million

    THanKs a Million I really did not want to reset my Droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Artalma View Post
    Thanks again for the info. Since I was so hesitant to erase everything that I've done so far on my Droid, I continued to search the internet to see if anyone else was having the same issues and/or whether or not they discovered a less absolute fix for the problem. I'm glad I did because I found some info on the Verizon forums. Someone else had the same issue and discovered the fix on their own (Verizon techies had no clue). Apparently, if you downloaded some form of text messaging app from the market and then later deleted it, the settings from the old app stay buried somewhere within the Droid's operating system files and it continues to mimic the attributes of the deleted app. Now, not sure if that means that just the settings remained and were the issue, or if it was the fact that the old settings were looking for an app that no longer existed on the phone. Regardless, the poster on Verizon forums stated that he fixed his issue by reinstalling the previously deleted text messaging app and altered the settings to notify him of unsent text messages or unsent delivery/read reports. Voila, it was fixed. Since I knew I had installed a text messaging app and subsequently removed it, I figured that must have been my problem as well. Only thing is, I don't remember the name of the app that may have caused me all of these issues. So, going from the Verizon post, I decided to install Hancent (a text messaging UI) with the idea that maybe if I changed the settings and then uninstalled that app, all would be well. Well, once installed, my "text messages not sent" notifications ceased thereby fixing my problem. HURRAY! But, since I really like that app, I went ahead and left it installed. Now, I'm not sure if uninstalling Handcent will make the "unsent" notifications return, but since I'm happy where my phone is at now, I'm not going to check into that theory. So, for you, if you end up having the unwanted notifications return, look into what you may have changed recently regarding text messaging apps....because that may be the source of your problem as well. That way, you won't have to do a complete reset again to fix it. Hopefully, others having the same issues that we had will find their way to this thread and get some relief.

  4. #13
    X Lurker
    Points: 939, Level: 16
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Travisfraughton's Avatar
    Member #
    26156
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    awesome, this was a huge help.
    I wish that the stock/factory installed text messaging program had the same option, seems like it should.

  5. #14

    This is the fix

    Download Handcent SMS.
    open the app. hit the menu button, go to more. There will be a title called undelivered.
    This will take u to a list of all undelivered messages, even the ones the phone built in text app can't see. Delete them from here.

    I had this same issue and this will work!

  6. #15
    X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Artalma's Avatar
    Member #
    3322
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumBum89 View Post
    Download Handcent SMS.
    open the app. hit the menu button, go to more. There will be a title called undelivered.
    This will take u to a list of all undelivered messages, even the ones the phone built in text app can't see. Delete them from here.

    I had this same issue and this will work!
    Uh, yeah...you might want to read the entire thread first before posting something. This has already been stated on the first page.

  7. #16

    Red face Thank you Thank you Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by majgis View Post
    I experienced the exact same problem on my Droid X. I clicked yes to send a return receipt on a text message containing an image. The real problem appears to be that the default "Text Messaging" app does not show you a failed message queue, but will continually try to resend them. The good news is that Handcent shows you this queue and allows you to delete these messages. You do not need to continue to use Handcent, just use it to delete undelivered messages (I like the appearance and feel of the default app). Make sure to turn off Handcent's notifications if you plan to keep it installed as a deletion utility.Solution:1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace2. Launch Handcent SMS3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!
    Tech support not only had no clue when I spoke with them but were so rude. Thanks for the fix!

  8. #17
    X Lurker dale's Avatar
    Member #
    46043
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Your fix worked perfect, thanks for the advise.

  9. #18
    X Lurker
    Points: 97, Level: 1
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    qwerty's Avatar
    Member #
    47587
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    ​Thank you! Thank you! So much!
    Quote Originally Posted by majgis View Post
    I experienced the exact same problem on my Droid X. I clicked yes to send a return receipt on a text message containing an image. The real problem appears to be that the default "Text Messaging" app does not show you a failed message queue, but will continually try to resend them. The good news is that Handcent shows you this queue and allows you to delete these messages. You do not need to continue to use Handcent, just use it to delete undelivered messages (I like the appearance and feel of the default app). Make sure to turn off Handcent's notifications if you plan to keep it installed as a deletion utility.

    Solution:
    1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace
    2. Launch Handcent SMS
    3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages
    4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!

  10. #19
    X Lurker
    Points: 963, Level: 16
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    HuntingCrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    26943
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern New Mexico
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by majgis View Post
    I experienced the exact same problem on my Droid X. I clicked yes to send a return receipt on a text message containing an image. The real problem appears to be that the default "Text Messaging" app does not show you a failed message queue, but will continually try to resend them. The good news is that Handcent shows you this queue and allows you to delete these messages. You do not need to continue to use Handcent, just use it to delete undelivered messages (I like the appearance and feel of the default app). Make sure to turn off Handcent's notifications if you plan to keep it installed as a deletion utility.Solution:1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace2. Launch Handcent SMS3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!
    Fantastic!!!That fix worked for me!

  11. #20
    X Lurker
    Points: 55, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    carolo's Avatar
    Member #
    59776
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a similar problem. The problem only happens when sending and recieving to and from a Group of recipients. I can be enjoying a conversation with family members and suddenly I get the dreaded Red X that tells me my messages are not going out and I will not get incoming texts. Very frustrating. This happens with or without sending pictures. If someone sends a picture, I will get a message minus the picture with a text that tells me to either download or reject and that it will be saved until a certain date (usually 5 days out) When I try to download it just sits there and does nothing.
    I called Verizon support and was told that I should delete conversations to empty the que because having a lot of messages stored can cause problems - so I have done that and it still gives me problems. The way I finally cure the problem is to turn the phone off and re-boot. That solves the problem for a short time.
    I may try installing Handcent as suggested in this thread.
    Try to re-boot if you are suffering the same problem. At least that works for for awhile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Transfer Text Messages
    By biglu in forum Droid X Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 10:38 PM
  2. Can't retrieve text messages
    By teach17603 in forum Droid X Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 08:58 PM
  3. Text message ring
    By NovaFan10 in forum Droid X Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 05:33 PM
  4. Clearing text messages indefinately
    By TheBoyPat in forum Droid X Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 08:31 PM
  5. DROID X - Custom ringtone for Text Messages
    By JimMariner in forum Droid X FAQs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 01:12 AM

Search tags for this page

Droid x not sending texts
,

droid 2 text message not sent

,

droid text message not sent

,
droid x message not sent
,
droid x not sending text messages
,

droid x text message not sent

,
droid x wont send text messages
,

text message not sent

,

text message not sent droid 2

,
text message not sent droid x
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.