Gmail account disabled, no market, no Google help

This is a discussion on Gmail account disabled, no market, no Google help within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I have searched and searched on here but to no avail. Somehow, not sure, my main Gmail account used on my Droid X for the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gmail account disabled, no market, no Google help

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Gmail account disabled, no market, no Google help

I have searched and searched on here but to no avail.

Somehow, not sure, my main Gmail account used on my Droid X for the market and syncing and whatnot got disabled. After 3 weeks of emailing Google and their customer service for a reason why it is disabled and how can I change it, I got no answers.

I found one post on here that someone asked the same question but never got an answer. I know that to change to a new main Gmail account I have to reset to factory settings. Thats fine, but will I loose all my pictures for contacts? I know I would have to repay for the paid apps, but would be able to download other stuff. I dont have any backup app installed as I cant get into the market now, only have the phones factory one. How much info would the stock backup supply me with?

I have added a 2nd Gmail account but to make it the default I have to get rid of the other one.

Any help? Really dont want to loose my paid apps and all my contact pictures and info.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Jeeze - i have no idea. I would be aggressive with google before completely abandoning your account.

Do you have ANY idea why it might have been disabled?
    Troubles installing OTA 2.3.340 Update? Click Here

250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Agressive as I can be, is emailing them everyday. I cant find a number to call.

I turned it on one day and every 15 minutes I get a "Sign in Error" in my notification bar. I checked it and it wants me to sign in. So I go online and it says my account is disabled. I have no idea why.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That is the way and the form I have been using everyday.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    I figured it would be...sorry...

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure if this is progress or not, but now when I try to sign in to my email with the correct password it sends me those letter word confirmation deals. Where you have to match "aXcltuyt" <--example.

I have done 20 straight and it has done nothing so I am not sure if this has anything to do with them trying to help me out or not haha.

I have also researched some more and found numerous cases where people are having the same issue. For no reason as at their password is locked out and their account is disabled. They have no reason why and cant figure out how to get help.

Agent X
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    phone number

Contact Us
    Troubles installing OTA 2.3.340 Update? Click Here

3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had this same problem the other day, except it was a Google Apps email account that got disable and not my main Gmail account (thankfully). I got the same error message you did and I couldn't check my email. I searched around and looked in Google Apps to try to re-enable the account but could not. I eventually found in Google Apps help (not sure if this is true with normal Gmail) that once an account has been disabled I am not allowed to re-enable it. The only thing I could do was delete the account and create a new one. I have no idea and couldn't get Google to tell me why the account was disabled.

Since Google offers little to no help or customer support in this area I would say you will probably have to create a new account and go from there.

Can you not backup your apps and contact pictures on the SD card or the computer? I've only had android for about 2 weeks, so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am going to try out that number but I doubt it will lead anywhere. Thanks though!

I am not sure how to back up the pictures and whatnot. I have taken pictures and then just used the thumbnail size and deleted the main pictures.

With my main account being disabled I will loose all my paid apps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads