Help: Music will randomly stop when headphones are in

This is a discussion on Help: Music will randomly stop when headphones are in within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; So lately I've been having issues when I would try to listen to music with my headphones in. I would start a song, lock the ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help: Music will randomly stop when headphones are in

X Operative
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Help: Music will randomly stop when headphones are in

So lately I've been having issues when I would try to listen to music with my headphones in. I would start a song, lock the screen, put it in my pocket, walk around and randomly it will either pause, stop, or skip the song. I've tried different music players (poweramp, cubed, musicmod) and have even tried different sets of earphones. not really sure whats going on.

fyi, im on the 2.2 OTA and Rubix Focused 1.8.6. I never really had these issues until lately tho so I dont think the ROM is the issue.

Any suggestions? i walk to school in NYC so having music playing is pretty big for me. Thanks!
    Gummy 1.0.2

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 12.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    I listen to mine while doing yardwork and it works well.

If you've tried different players/headphones, it might be a hardware issue with your phone. Sounds like a loose connection near the headphone jack, especially if it cuts out while you're moving. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but that's my guess.

Sent from my DROIDX

Agent X
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    There is an option for playback to stop when the headphones are disconnected, so if the headphones are pull out even a little bit it could be stopping the playback until you hit play again.

Advocate X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 31.6%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    454 times
    I had this issue too and it was really fustrating, I would be jamming out and then abrubt silence; total mood killer. It has to do with the headphone Jack. When you move around the plug gets slightly disconnected and causes the player to pause. My solution addresses the problem by tackling the hardware issue and utilizing software.

Hardware:

Go to radioshack and purchase the following: female to female 3.5mm connector, short cord 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male where the ends are shaped like an L (right angle plug).
    --> Now plug the L shaped plug into the droid, and the other L plug into the female connector and your headphones into the other end of the female connector.

This does two things, when the L plug is oriented correctly it provides a better connection, also it reduces the chance of motion pulling it out because of that short cord slack.

Software:

Use Tasker (best program ever) to make an automated task that starts playing music whenever it detects headphones being plugged in, that way if your music stops just reach into your pocket and readjust the plug and then Tada.. playback resumes.

-WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Easy method for SBF'ing your phone back to stock
    + SBFboot - the easy way to sbf
    Best ways to improve your phones overall performance:
    + How To Optimize Battery Life & Speed
    Wireless tethering on GB simplified
    + WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]
    Other helpful resources:
    + Deodexing Explained + How To
    + [One Stop] Rom Goodies, Extras, Mods & More

..:: Follow me on Twitter and Google+::..

X Operative
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thanks for the feedback everyone. i think i figured it out, what i did was go to my music player settings and turned off the "automatic pause when headphones disconnected option" and since then there havent been any random stops. im going to test this out a few more times and post an update later this week.

WugFresh thanks for the extensive idea, worst case scenario ill try that out and let u know how it goes. :]
    Gummy 1.0.2

Advocate X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 31.6%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    454 times
    It is kinda a ridiculous way to go about it. The point is to find headphones with a good connection and i found in my experience that those L shaped ones work better with this device for some reason. But yeah, that will work, until you get in a situation that you wished it had paused.. and your music starts blasting in a library or something lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Easy method for SBF'ing your phone back to stock
    + SBFboot - the easy way to sbf
    Best ways to improve your phones overall performance:
    + How To Optimize Battery Life & Speed
    Wireless tethering on GB simplified
    + WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]
    Other helpful resources:
    + Deodexing Explained + How To
    + [One Stop] Rom Goodies, Extras, Mods & More

..:: Follow me on Twitter and Google+::..

X Informant
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having this issue also, except mine is because of the jack itself. I think from having it at the gym and the jack moving around, inside the phone, it came unattached from the pcb. I'm going to call verizon tomorrow, and try to get a new phone under warranty, I'll let you guys know if I get anywhere.

The default music app on my Droid doesn't have any option to keep it from pausing when the plug is wiggled. What music app has this option?

EDIT: OK I looked around a bit and actually found an app for which not only can you get rid of this option to pause music when the headphones are unplugged, but you can also set it to pause music when unplugged and play it when the plug goes back in without requiring additional software such as Tasker. There is a momentary delay, but I think it's advantageous over having your music start playing out of the speaker every time it gets unplugged in a quiet place. Unfortunately it is a paid app, but you can get a 15 day free trial. It's called PowerAMP.
    Last edited by soldier9599; 02-18-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Agent X
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier9599 View Post
    The default music app on my Droid doesn't have any option to keep it from pausing when the plug is wiggled. What music app has this option?

EDIT: OK I looked around a bit and actually found an app for which not only can you get rid of this option to pause music when the headphones are unplugged, but you can also set it to pause music when unplugged and play it when the plug goes back in without requiring additional software such as Tasker. There is a momentary delay, but I think it's advantageous over having your music start playing out of the speaker every time it gets unplugged in a quiet place. Unfortunately it is a paid app, but you can get a 15 day free trial. It's called PowerAMP.
    Winamp also has this feature.

I downloaded Winamp and I looked through the settings but I can't find anything regarding this. How do you activate this setting? It would definitely be great to not have to pay to make my phone work the way it should.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads