Droid X Powered off and wont turn back on!

This is a discussion on Droid X Powered off and wont turn back on! within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I was going about my buisness on my X when suddenly the phone made the little ring noise and powered down. I had noticed prior ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid X Powered off and wont turn back on!

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Droid X Powered off and wont turn back on!

I was going about my buisness on my X when suddenly the phone made the little ring noise and powered down. I had noticed prior that the battery level was telling me 15%, but we all know about the battery calibration issues. I figured it just died so I plugged it in and it's showing me the green LED. I gave it about 5 mins and it still won't power back on. Any suggestions?

EDIT (SOLVED): When I was charging my phone I realized that I was charging it from my computer via USB, but I suppose the phone had to be on to make the USB charge connection to the computer, and it had died so it wasn't pumping any juice into it. I just plugged it into the wall and the display turned on. The thing had just drained battery, sorry guys. I'm relieved though!

Thanks
    Last edited by Domino; 07-21-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Foil likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    put it on the charger for 2 hours and in that time DO NOT touch the phone - just let it charge for the 2 hours.

and make sure its the wall charger

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If there are ANY apps running while you're try to charge through a computer with USB, the battery will actually still discharge because the computer does not put out enough amperage to charge the X. Wall plug is the best, unless you kill all apps, USB it, and leave it.

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience PointsYour first Group
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    When I was charging my phone I realized that I was charging it from my computer via USB, but I suppose the phone had to be on to make the USB charge connection to the computer, and it had died so it wasn't pumping any juice into it. I just plugged it into the wall and the display turned on. The thing had just drained battery, sorry guys. I'm relieved though!
    My phone started to die, so I plugged it into the computer and got the green led issue you did. Thanks for posting your fix. I was about to loose my s--- thinking my phone f---ed up the first day I had it.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks! You probably just saved me 30 minutes! And at 1:30 am, those 30 minutes are pretty valuable!

Nothing I read here fixed it for me. In the end, it was simple user error. After pondering over it for quite some time, I realized the green light is only supposed to come on when the droidx is plugged into a computer. Realizing that, I thought the only explanation was there was something wrong with the cable/ac adapter i was using that caused the droidx to only read a power signal of a usb port and only charge it to the point where it died right after it booted. Immediately after making sure my phone's side was secure, I checked the usb end of the cable and low and behold it was not securely plugged into the ac adapter. After I made sure the cable was plugged securely into the adapter and tried to plug my phone in again, I no longer had a green light, but instead had the charging animation I would normally see while my phone is off and charging. I realize it was completely my own fault that I let it go under 5% and didn't realize my damn adapter wasn't secure until 2 hours later, but at least I did it without those bastards at tech support lolol. Hopes this helps those who got this far down ^_____________^COY

X Lurker
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Foil View Post
    Thanks! You probably just saved me 30 minutes! And at 1:30 am, those 30 minutes are pretty valuable!
    saved me a bunch of time too. thanx.
    why dont they realize these kind of problems and fix them before they leave china?

Bunch o' noobs. Me too, eh. I get the green light, no response, thought WTF. As my right hand goes for the "landline" to call verizon, my left hand does a search in droidx forum. Good job lefty, good job.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    here i was at work thinking " oh crap gotta send back another droid x". i as well had my phone plugged into the computer thinking it was chargeing while doing my own thing fumbling thru apps when i got " the black screen of death" or so i thought. was about to call verizon and have them send me my third droid x. the last one i had the only way i could talk to people was either via bluetooth or speaker phone....needless to say that got old quick. but thanks to this post i think i will make it another day.

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    problem solved, thank you Domino for posting what the fix was....

Where my time is spent away from the office!

Droid X Forums Guidelines of Conduct

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads