Droid X Speakerphone issue... is it software- or hardware-related?

This is a discussion on Droid X Speakerphone issue... is it software- or hardware-related? within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Haven't had any issues with my DX in many months. In fact, it's better than ever. I'm running Fission 2.1 final build on my phone ...

Thread: Droid X Speakerphone issue... is it software- or hardware-related?

X Informant Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Droid X Speakerphone issue... is it software- or hardware-related?

Haven't had any issues with my DX in many months. In fact, it's better than ever. I'm running Fission 2.1 final build on my phone and love the huge 4.3" screen with essentially stock FroYo.

However, in the past couple of weeks people have been complaining about poor voice quality on their end of a phone call. Callers on the other end seem to complain that my voice is faint and hardly audible, but only when I place them on speakerphone on my end. So let me get this straight so there's no confusion - it seems that when I activate speakerphone on my end (meaning the phone switches from pushing the call volume through the earpiece to the rear speaker) that callers start having trouble hearing me. When I'm on a normal call without speakerphone mode on... callers say I sound crisp and clear.

I have had this problem since before running Fission ROM, hence why I tend to lean toward the "it's a hardware-related problem" side and think that software-related issues can be ruled out... but I am posting this before calling in for a warranty replacement to see if anyone else has had a similar problem when switching between ROMs, or if others out there who read this seem to think it sounds like a hardware-related problem.

I tweeted a few Fission developers about this... and was met with a lack of response. This is why I am reaching out to this awesome community here at DXF.

As a final note, I am wondering if the DX switches between different mic's when it goes into speakerphone mode (and maybe this isn't optimized in Fission ROM yet? - just an idea...). We all know the DX has 3 different mics, some used for noise-cancellation, some used to pick up and record audio, all depending on what mode the phone is in (phone call, video recording, etc.). Maybe the software isn't built for a phone with 3 mics, and something's getting crossed somewhere? Does this seem possible at all? Anyone else running Fission 2.1 FroYo final ROM able to test out your speakerphone and tell me if callers on the other end (when you place them on speakerphone on your end) are able to hear you clearly? I would appreciate some confirmation that I'm either isolated in this problem or it's a universal thing most/all Fission 2.1 FroYo final ROM users are experiencing...

Any suggestions/comments would be very much appreciated!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads