My droid x stopped getting emails

This is a discussion on My droid x stopped getting emails within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; For no reason to me, it stopped fetch emails from my yahoo, company, and another email account. I removed Yahoo account and added it back. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My droid x stopped getting emails

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

My droid x stopped getting emails

For no reason to me, it stopped fetch emails from my yahoo, company, and another email account.

I removed Yahoo account and added it back. Stll the same.

Anybody knows what is wrong?

Thanks for help!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 1.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Same happened to me. Had to download maildroid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    albokay, thanks for your information. But this does not seem right. The messaging or messages widgets or applications coming with the droid should work.

Could be the storage space is full or something else?

Best.

X Informant
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep, same problem here. Corporate emails now today just stop coming as well my yahoo account. I can not stop what I am doing and hit refresh to get emails. FWIW: I still have my iphone activated and the same emails go to that exchange account as they should. Having owned the DX for a couple weeks I can honestly say: not real impressed

X Operative
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Sure this isn't much help, but have you tried the power control widget and use that to toggle AutoSync option. I know that there have been a lot of people that have complained about not receiving emails, and using the power control widget has helped to ensure that Autosync was turned on. Fortunately my emails work with the stock messaging tools, I have a Corp, gmail and two hotmail accounts (30 minute fetch) linked to my X, and have not had a problem. I am sure that you have gone through all of your settings, but if you need to compare any please let me know. One thing to check is what battery profile you are using, as one of them turns off background data after a set amount of time, not sure if that also turns off the email sync, but may be worth checking your setting. Also, make sure that you did not enable Sync over Wi-Fi only (unless you want this), as I had done this at one point not reading what I was checking, and had to find this to set phone to retrieve email when not connected to wi-fi.

Good luck

X Informant
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thxs, I will check out the widget u mentioned. BTW: my settings are set as follows:

data push- checked

fetch schedule- manual

sync over wi fi- no

batt mode- performance

X Operative
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    For your Yahoo account and any other POP3 accounts, I think you need to set a fetch time otherwise you will have to manually sync to retrieve it (not sure about Yahoo, as they were supposed to come out with a push option on Android), so I would set a time frame for fetch for the POP3 accounts, or have those linked to a Gmail account so that they will work with the Push Option. Under Data Manager, I assume you have Background Data Checked as well as Data Enabled.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYY View Post
    For your Yahoo account and any other POP3 accounts, I think you need to set a fetch time otherwise you will have to manually sync to retrieve it (not sure about Yahoo, as they were supposed to come out with a push option on Android), so I would set a time frame for fetch for the POP3 accounts, or have those linked to a Gmail account so that they will work with the Push Option. Under Data Manager, I assume you have Background Data Checked as well as Data Enabled.
    yes, background and data are both checked/enabled. Honestly, my yahoo account is not nearly as important as my corporate exchange and as such I have gone as far as to delete the yahoo account all togther and still not receiving emails automatically to exchange. I also tried the app called touchdown for exhange hoping this would be better and although I seemed to get my emails immediately- it produced other problems. I have called the VZ store and as much as I want to keep the DX- the jury is still out.

X Operative
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark22 View Post
    Thxs, I will check out the widget u mentioned. BTW: my settings are set as follows:

data push- checked

fetch schedule- manual

sync over wi fi- no

batt mode- performance

Mine works quite well .. settings are

data push- checked

fetch schedule- 15 minutes

sync over wi fi- no

batt mode- night time saver

HTH

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    try the k-9 mail app, it works as expected for me to receive emails that are pushed from my server, and faster than my desktop can get them.
    the customisation options are greater than the default app, and i expect this will work with an exchange server depending on how you configure it, I use linux hosting for my sites so exchange isn't something i can vouch for. there's a free version, and this is what i use, so it can't hurt to give it a shot... yahoo I know has been problematic for some android users, and really pop3 on a phone invites more problems, can you switch it to an imap setting?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads