How do I merge my phone contacts into my google contacts.

This is a discussion on How do I merge my phone contacts into my google contacts. within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Thanks again. I went to the site, saved my contacts as a csv, and imported them to my gmail contacts. I also checked the google ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How do I merge my phone contacts into my google contacts.

X Informant
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 2.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks again. I went to the site, saved my contacts as a csv, and imported them to my gmail contacts. I also checked the google box on my phone like you said. So now in theory if I add something on my gmail contacts it should appear on my phone and if I add something on my phone contacts it should show up on my gmail corret.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    BA will back up all Phone contacts. If you don't know what's a phone contacts, Open Contacts, then click "All Contacts" and select "Phone contacts" or log into Backup Assistant online. Everything there is what BA is backing up.

@RedBank, you can get your Google and Backup Assistant to mirror each other. Simply export both and then import them to each other. Then check both Google & Phone for New Contacts in Contacts>Settings>More>Settings and all new contacts will go to both. You can even sync your contact's pictures from Facebook to Google using SyncMyPix (but only for users where your phone or syncmypix has linked a Facebook account to a Phone Contact - SyncMyPix can't sync photos for Facebook Only contacts as FBO contacts are read-only... but there might be a way to change this with root. If anyone discovers how to make FB contacts read/write, SyncMyPix will be the solution to updating all contact photos from Facebook except your own.)
    RedBank likes this.
    Troubles installing OTA 2.3.340 Update? Click Here

Agent X
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydos View Post
    Thanks again. I went to the site, saved my contacts as a csv, and imported them to my gmail contacts. I also checked the google box on my phone like you said. So now in theory if I add something on my gmail contacts it should appear on my phone and if I add something on my phone contacts it should show up on my gmail corret.
    This is correct... with Should being the operative word. Let us know if it doesnt work and we can troubleshoot that process... lol

X Informant
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 2.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Everything is working exactly how I wanted it to. Thank you.

X Informant
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjackpot View Post
    BA will back up all Phone contacts. If you don't know what's a phone contacts, Open Contacts, then click "All Contacts" and select "Phone contacts" or log into Backup Assistant online. Everything there is what BA is backing up.

@RedBank, you can get your Google and Backup Assistant to mirror each other. Simply export both and then import them to each other. Then check both Google & Phone for New Contacts in Contacts>Settings>More>Settings and all new contacts will go to both. You can even sync your contact's pictures from Facebook to Google using SyncMyPix (but only for users where your phone or syncmypix has linked a Facebook account to a Phone Contact - SyncMyPix can't sync photos for Facebook Only contacts as FBO contacts are read-only... but there might be a way to change this with root. If anyone discovers how to make FB contacts read/write, SyncMyPix will be the solution to updating all contact photos from Facebook except your own.)
    for the love of all that is holy and sacred...i just imported the 4 vCards i just created today. see...i wasnt even going to chime in on this post either...and i just learned an Android life-changing event.

thanks joey!
    X forums retired...Nex forums pioneer

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    you're welcome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads