having problems with contacts -- help please...

This is a discussion on having problems with contacts -- help please... within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I'm aware that there is a problem with the contacts syncing with the Droid X, and I've been having this problem, so I did some ...

Thread: having problems with contacts -- help please...

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question having problems with contacts -- help please...

I'm aware that there is a problem with the contacts syncing with the Droid X, and I've been having this problem, so I did some research, but I still have questions...

When I got my phone there were no contacts on it except for all the ten or so # ones that come on the phone. Some point later I noticed all 222 of my Facebook "friends" on the contact list, which is something I really do not want. Now, I know I can have it show only the phone contacts or Google contacts for example, but that only works when you select the Contacts app, it doesn't work for when you go to "contacts" within the Dialer.

So, I read that the Facebook contacts get synced to your phone when you add Facebook as an account to the Social Networking app and My Accounts and whatnot, and that the solution was to remove it as an account and the Facebook contacts would go away, and I'm okay with not having the Facebook account on my phone, so that's what I did. The problem is, it didn't work, at least not completely. Although the Facebook contacts did go away in the Contacts app, it still shows all 70-some Facebook contacts that had phone numbers in their profile in the "contacts" section of the Dialer.

Is there any way I can get these to go away and get my phone's contacts back to its original state? Thank you for your time and help.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This problem is fixed. For those curious, it just took time, about twenty or thirty minutes after removing the Facebook account, the contacts were removed from the dialer contacts as well as the Contacts app. Thank you!

Agent X
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Social Networking Accounts do not batch-add or batch-delete. They add/delete a few at a time in the background over the course of 20-30 minutes.
    Troubles installing OTA 2.3.340 Update? Click Here

Remove Ads

Ads