How long does your battery typically last you through the day?

This is a discussion on How long does your battery typically last you through the day? within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Just thought i would post this little poll. Mine drops down about 10% each hour anyways, i just got my droid a couple weeks ago ...

View Poll Results: How much does your battery last your through the day?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 6 hours

2 5.13%
  • 6 - 8 hours

7 17.95%
  • 8 - 10 hours

5 12.82%
  • + 10 hours

25 64.10%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does your battery typically last you through the day?

X Operative
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

How long does your battery typically last you through the day?

Just thought i would post this little poll.

Mine drops down about 10% each hour

anyways, i just got my droid a couple weeks ago and the battery is weak!

Right now i have Cubix 1.0 installed on my droid x with launcherpro as my homescreen.

The basic setup is wifi, gps is always off unless i need it -

i have been using superpower (used to have juicedefender) the last couple days to adjust 3g/2g settings.

i have been looking at spare parts and OS monitor to see what is running and basically, nothing out of the ordinary.

i will keep a better look at what's up.

ANYWAYS, i am not using my phone much more than i did when i had my BB storm, its just that i guess it uses more juice?

i do get horrible reception at my work, but even on weekends, the battery lasts just as much as it does at work and i cant figure out why.

i have read around the forums and got a ton of tips... and ideas on monitoring.

Maybe i will just uninstall EVERYTHING and start one day at a time.

tell me your battery experiences. etc.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theidoctor View Post
    The basic setup is wifi, gps is always off unless i need it -
    Do you keep Wifi on when not connected to a network? If so, thats definitely a battery drain. If you are connected to a network though, it'll save battery by using Wifi.

Edit: I misread, thought you said wifi on

Also, my understanding is that GPS can be left on without draining battery since the 2.2 update.

Anyways, I usually get about 12-15 hours with moderate use. I did get 30 hours last week, but it was light usage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Operative
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have the extended battery but it depends on my usage but I can generally go 15-16 hours in the house on wifi. I never shut off the GPS since it is only used when using a GPS application. When I am out and about I shut off the wifi and then Battery mileage will vary depending on signal strength. If I know I will not be around a charger all day I will grab my original battery to take along with me just in case.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I unplugged my phone 5h 37m 16s ago according the battery usage monitor and it just barely dipped into the 70s. I have not used it very much today so this, of course, has something do with it. Even with VERY HEAVY use I can easily make it to the end of the day.

I have no "battery tools" (i.e. juice defender) installed, have battery set to performance mode and my screen is set to auto. I have GPS on 100%( I never turn it off in settings), bluetooth on 40-50% of the time and wifi about the same.

Yesterday with light to moderate use I unplugged my phone at about 8:30 a.m. I always charge my phone at night but last night I fell asleep without plugging it in. Today, lo and behold, it still had 15% left when I woke up .
    Last edited by z06mike; 10-26-2010 at 04:55 PM.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    hey good to know about the gps... i was just reading about that.

the only thing i can really think of is that my reception is bad at work, but it still doesnt explain the weekends. and i dont even use it that much more on weekends.

i will have to do a purge on apps. and see if any of them are it but i doubt it. its just annoying because all you guys are talking about 10+ hours on a regular battery and i can barely get 6.

i can easily get 8 if i dont turn it on

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Do you have a live wallpaper running?

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    i had no wallpaper... just a black screen for a couple of the days because i was too lazy to put one on and just recently put on a different one but its not live.

i did have dolphin browser HD since i have had this phone and am thinking that COULD be it... it does use up a lot of juice when i use it. i am also deleting more apps and trying to start from the bare apps i can get away with for now.

does an extended battery require a new back to the phone? I already have a case on it and dont want to change anything up.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    No, dolphin browser wouldn't be it. I have Dolphin, Skyfire, Xscope, Opera, Fennec and the stock browser installed. I would check widgets as that would be one of the first culprits. From there, go in reverse order with apps you've installed to see if you can find the "rogue" one.

Do you notice your little GPS icon staying on in the notification bar at times?

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    i never really had gps on and when i did i never noticed the gps icon unless it was really being used.... i did have 3 widgets which i just took off as well as widget locker.

i am thinking that gesture search may be a big one as well but none of the statistics apps said anything about it

X Pursuant Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Do you have spare parts installed? If not, install it, open, go to> battery history>other usage (check that first), then change other usage to partial wake usage and see what has been using up the battery.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads