Contacts, Address Book and Frequently Called and Then More Contacts

This is a discussion on Contacts, Address Book and Frequently Called and Then More Contacts within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hi everyone, I am so confused on how to set up contacts. It was so confusing that I turned off contacts from Outlook as that ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contacts, Address Book and Frequently Called and Then More Contacts

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Contacts, Address Book and Frequently Called and Then More Contacts

Hi everyone,

I am so confused on how to set up contacts. It was so confusing that I turned off contacts from Outlook as that was just one more set of contacts.

Currently, if I click on the Contacts icon (the little man), I get the default Verizon ones, hardly any of which I need -- like none. If I click on contacts from the phone, I get the same ones plus two others, that are there because they are frequently called. Currently, I have none in Google. I have read that your contacts in GMail or wherever are the ones in the phone when it is synced.

I basically want one Address Book that shows up on the phone and syncs by Blue Tooth to my car, which currently they do. I don't want to enter them one by one. Ideally, I would type them into Google/GMail, and have them sync to the Droid X as ONE Address Book.

TIA

Bert

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I did this. I unlinked all of my contacts and then deleted all the ones not linked to google. Went online with verizon and deleted all the contacts from their backup. Now I only have contacts through google. Remember that even though you do this any NEW entrys added will be in both. You can't turn that feature off. So if you add someone new you have to unlink and delete from verizon. Google is much better... saves your contact pics.

Droid X

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks jmiller. If you use BackupAssist, does that mean only one entry will be made?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I don't use backup assistant. I'm rooted and deleted the app. If you don't want it to run you could give it an incorrect pin possibly.

Droid X

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It's kind of funny. I could either use Google and have problems with multiple duplicates or BackupAssistant and sync to Verizon's web page. So, I am doing the latter, and it seems to work fairly well. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads