Froyo 2.2 and Root - Use this thread to post questions / concerns...

This is a discussion on Froyo 2.2 and Root - Use this thread to post questions / concerns... within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Cool thanks for the link...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Froyo 2.2 and Root - Use this thread to post questions / concerns...

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Cool thanks for the link

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Worked for me too! You may need to toggle the bluetooth when you run "./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin"

EDIT: Are you able to see the paid apps in the market after rooting? I replaced the build.prop (Build.prop edits = great battery life + fast phone + full market), but still cannot see them
    Last edited by jrac86; 09-22-2010 at 06:45 AM.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I can't get the damn drivers to work. I did as the instructions said point for point, but I only would come up with android sooner composite, and not android composite. And alwaysw when i go to where it sais hit "have disk" I do and go to the folder where teh drivers are and they say there are no combatible drivers for your device or whatever...

Windows 7 64bit

X Informant
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Does anyone know if easy root works? It seems to work but then when I restart it days I'm not rooted. I know I'm lazy but one click root and unroot is so efficient lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
    S. Cooper

What type of Computer do you have? And please don't say a white one

S. Cooper

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickYamaha View Post
    Does anyone know if easy root works? It seems to work but then when I restart it days I'm not rooted. I know I'm lazy but one click root and unroot is so efficient lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I spoke with the developer a few weeks back. He said when 2.2 came out he would update. I assume that would be today...

Some folks have said Androot works. Give it a shot. Let us know http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times

Thumbs up Froyo 2.2 and Root - Use this thread to post questions / concerns...

Will be merging related threads into here...
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience PointsThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    This was posted by DroidForums "Chief Droid Scientist" (sbf/recovery guru) Motocache1

ALERT: Droid X FroYo OTA - new bootloader uses new signing keys
    I got brought in on this by someone who hit my Gtalk on my phone at 4:30a to let me know that the world was coming to an end -- more or less.

In the last couple hours we've sorted out a lot and the deal is, in the new Droid X OTA it appears that they have replaced the entire HAB chain from the mbmloader (the loader for the boot loader) on forward. The keys that were used to sign the prior HAB components are no longer trusted by the new HAB components. What that means is that if you take the current OTA, and then subsequently use an SBF (or any other method) to replace a signed code group (which is just about every code group on a DX) that signature will not be valid and the boot process will halt when that CG is encountered. Since pretty much every SBF contains the "boot" and "recovery" code group, as well as the very-critical "CDT" code group, this means if you apply an SBF to your OTA'd phone (that is now running the 30.03 bootloader) your phone is toast. But not permanently.

In the above scenario you will still be running the new mbmloader (GC63) and mbm (CG30), so as long as you put code groups back on that are signed with the new signatures, you'll be back in business. None of the prior SBF's are going to help you -- they are invalid as of this OTA.

I'm sure Verizon is expecting this and has the 2.3.13 SBF standing by in the retail stores so they can flash you back to stock and get you working again (and give you the evil eye when you lie about how your phone got this way -- because I'm sure they have been warned about this happening in advance).

That's all for now. Hopefully this helps avoid too much unnecessary confusion, so you can just concentrate on dealing with the necessary confusion.

X Operative
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    This was posted by DroidForums "Chief Droid Scientist" (sbf/recovery guru) Motocache1

ALERT: Droid X FroYo OTA - new bootloader uses new signing keys
    I got brought in on this by someone who hit my Gtalk on my phone at 4:30a to let me know that the world was coming to an end -- more or less.

In the last couple hours we've sorted out a lot and the deal is, in the new Droid X OTA it appears that they have replaced the entire HAB chain from the mbmloader (the loader for the boot loader) on forward. The keys that were used to sign the prior HAB components are no longer trusted by the new HAB components. What that means is that if you take the current OTA, and then subsequently use an SBF (or any other method) to replace a signed code group (which is just about every code group on a DX) that signature will not be valid and the boot process will halt when that CG is encountered. Since pretty much every SBF contains the "boot" and "recovery" code group, as well as the very-critical "CDT" code group, this means if you apply an SBF to your OTA'd phone (that is now running the 30.03 bootloader) your phone is toast. But not permanently.

In the above scenario you will still be running the new mbmloader (GC63) and mbm (CG30), so as long as you put code groups back on that are signed with the new signatures, you'll be back in business. None of the prior SBF's are going to help you -- they are invalid as of this OTA.

I'm sure Verizon is expecting this and has the 2.3.13 SBF standing by in the retail stores so they can flash you back to stock and get you working again (and give you the evil eye when you lie about how your phone got this way -- because I'm sure they have been warned about this happening in advance).

That's all for now. Hopefully this helps avoid too much unnecessary confusion, so you can just concentrate on dealing with the necessary confusion.

Thanks for posting that. I had just read that on its original post, but I think it deserves all the attention it can get.
    --
    MIUI 1.12.30
    proud X owner since launch day

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

cant get ota 2.2 due to leaked 2.2???

Ok so two of my buddies have got their update this morning and I haven't...is it because im running the leaked 2.2(2.2.9)??? And if so do I have to sbf to get ota?

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

If you are on leaked 2.2 do not flash sbs to 2.1??

Hey guys I read a couple of threads stating that the new OFFICIAL OTA bricks your D X if you are currently running the leaked froyo 2.2 and try to downgrade via sbs to stock 2.1 and then applying the OTA.

Is this 100% true? Is there a way around it yet?

Im on leaked 2.2 rooted and am afraid to downgrade to 2.1 and apply the OTA.

-DXed via Tapatalk-

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads