Sync Icon staying in Notification Bar....

This is a discussion on Sync Icon staying in Notification Bar.... within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; I looked at all the processes/services the only duplicate was backup assistant, so i froze the older of the two... i still see that stupid ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sync Icon staying in Notification Bar....

X Informant
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I looked at all the processes/services the only duplicate was backup assistant, so i froze the older of the two... i still see that stupid icon up there

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had this problem as well, after installing a fresh ROM and restoring from back-up with Titanium. I found that my constant Sync icon was due to the Calendar apps that you can find in Titanium. I was unable to fix the issue though, as I would freeze all of them and the icon would disappear, but then reappear after a few minutes. I don't know if this information might be able to help someone else who is more adept at this stuff to find a solution, as it was very annoying.

Ironically luckily for me, I bricked my phone trying to reinstall a different ROM and after an SBF and fresh install without restoring data with Titanium for ALL my apps, but a few specific ones, I have had no problems whatsoever!

X Informant
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I tried fixing it...and now that o flashed rubix on my dx anything is smooth...Going for a complete restore seems like a bad idea.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Operative
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem and it's driving me nuts. Eats away at battery life too. I can always tell when it randomly starts because I can feel the phone getting warm. Oddly enough I find two sync icons, one on the left side of the notification bar, and one on the right. It's the one on the right that is the problem. Any fix for this would be most appreciated.
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws. It's insane! - Penn Jillette

X Operative
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just a follow-up. The sync icon on the right side is related to Gmail. However I find it's android calendar that is using the most battery. Hopefully this information can be of help to someone more familiar with the workings of the DX than I am find a solution.
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws. It's insane! - Penn Jillette

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I looked at all the processes/services the only duplicate was backup assistant, so i froze the older of the two... i still see that stupid icon up there
    If you are rooted, you can rename the "BlurContactsSync.apk" to "BlurContactsSync.bak" using Root Explorer.
    (If you are not rooted, there isn't much YOU can do to resolve the problem)

This will remove the icon and stop the moto contacts sync from running. You should have a gmail account linked to your phone. It is this account and application that will handle all of your contact sync.

I imagine it's a FROYO bug that will be worked out in the next "Break your root" sdk release by google.

Hope this helps!
    toddman and chrisb0803 like this.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought messing with blur apps was a big no-no?

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by minderasr View Post
    I thought messing with blur apps was a big no-no?
    That is certainly a good rule of thumb, and should be followed MOST of the time. This solution may be the only one until an OTA update addressing this problem is available. This particular problem lies within the blur app itself, so for all intents and purposes, it is appropriate in this scenario to remove it's permissions.

Certain Blur apps are performing the same functions as other apps. ie - backup assistant (google software) instead of blur contact sync (moto software)... launcher pro instead of blur home etc.... The downside is this... the blur applications provide a backup in the event of a force close, or app fail... Simply renaming the "blurcontactssync.apk" will not affect the stability of your phone in most cases and is an easily reversible process.
    The only negative effect I can see happening could be your ability to update new contact info, but again, that's only if your backup assistant sync is not functioning properly.

Keep in mind, custom ROM's remove most if not ALL moto blur software. Once the dev provides alternative software to the moto blur, the phone usually speeds right up.
    jdon285 likes this.
    "First seek to understand THEN to be understood" - Stephen R Covey

X Lurker
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LUMiNOX View Post
    That is certainly a good rule of thumb, and should be followed MOST of the time. This solution may be the only one until an OTA update addressing this problem is available. This particular problem lies within the blur app itself, so for all intents and purposes, it is appropriate in this scenario to remove it's permissions.

Certain Blur apps are performing the same functions as other apps. ie - backup assistant (google software) instead of blur contact sync (moto software)... launcher pro instead of blur home etc.... The downside is this... the blur applications provide a backup in the event of a force close, or app fail... Simply renaming the "blurcontactssync.apk" will not affect the stability of your phone in most cases and is an easily reversible process.
    The only negative effect I can see happening could be your ability to update new contact info, but again, that's only if your backup assistant sync is not functioning properly.

Keep in mind, custom ROM's remove most if not ALL moto blur software. Once the dev provides alternative software to the moto blur, the phone usually speeds right up.
    I stumbled upon this thread with the same issue on my D2 running Squidly 2.3.20.1 full blur. This workaround worked for me!!

TYVM!!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks that worked. I just went to gingerbread and that icon was driving me nuts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads