Stagefright / build.prop / Music player issues

This is a discussion on Stagefright / build.prop / Music player issues within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; After doing an SBF flash and then installing the leaked 2.2 FroYo ROM, I've had few issues. However, one issue I am having is a ...

Thread: Stagefright / build.prop / Music player issues

X Informant Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Stagefright / build.prop / Music player issues

After doing an SBF flash and then installing the leaked 2.2 FroYo ROM, I've had few issues. However, one issue I am having is a random pausing/freezing of music when using the stock music player.

I was wondering if anyone knew if changing the lines in build.prop to enable stagefright (=true instead of =false) might help this? I heard stagefright was made better in 2.2 by Google, though Motorola decided to not use it for some reason. However, it can be enabled by changing the build.prop file using root explorer.

I am not sure if stagefright is just for video, or if it is also for audio, and if it may have an impact on using the stock music player. I am willing to try almost anything to stop my phone from freezing/pausing when using the stock music player.

Anyone know anything about this? Any suggestions or other comments? Thanks.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I have that issue in 2.1

Tagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Really? I never had this issue prior to 2.2. Not once did my music player freeze! And I use my music player for 6-8 hours per day while at work, and usually 1-2 more hours each night when exercising, doing housework, etc.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMFT View Post
    Really? I never had this issue prior to 2.2. Not once did my music player freeze! And I use my music player for 6-8 hours per day while at work, and usually 1-2 more hours each night when exercising, doing housework, etc.

Yep I too use my for 6-8 hours at work and its happened 2-3 times today already.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    Yep I too use my for 6-8 hours at work and its happened 2-3 times today already.
    I did the following and it fixed my issues completely: go into settings -> applications -> manage applications -> find the application "Music" - click Force Stop (if it's running), then Clear Data, then Clear Cache (if it's not greyed out).

Then reboot your phone. Should fix all your problems!

3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    just make sure you uninstalled all music related widgets. i had the same issue in 2.2 after i updated and deleted 'beautiful music widget' and everything was all good.

most likely your stock player is conflicting with another music related process is my assumption.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aohus View Post
    just make sure you uninstalled all music related widgets. i had the same issue in 2.2 after i updated and deleted 'beautiful music widget' and everything was all good.

most likely your stock player is conflicting with another music related process is my assumption.
    No; I've never used a 3rd party application. So, this whole most likely stuff is, in fact, not most likely. My issues were "most likely" related to the upgrade process from 2.1 to 2.2 and the inherent need to (and thus my lack of remembering to) clear data/cache where possible.

Remove Ads

Ads