Flashing a rom on my milestone x

This is a discussion on Flashing a rom on my milestone x within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Hey folks. I realize this probably belongs in the milestone section, but I figured it would get more traffic (and hopefully more help) here. Please ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flashing a rom on my milestone x

X Lurker
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Flashing a rom on my milestone x

Hey folks. I realize this probably belongs in the milestone section, but I figured it would get more traffic (and hopefully more help) here. Please don't shoot me.. Or at least make it a through and through flesh wound, not nicking any vital organs or arteries.. The thing is, I'm a noob. I've had my phone for a while, but really never tweaked it until recently. I finally rooted it earlier this week, and now I'd like to be able to customize with a custom rom. From what I've read I need an unlocked bootloader, and I've gotten some conflicting info as to whether or not my bootloader is locked (some say droid x is locked, but milestone isn't?) and I'm in need if some concrete info. Also, if it is locked, would droid 2 bootstrap work to unlock it? And if so, can someone point me in the direction of the best way to flash a rom, as well as a safe, stable rom for the milestone? And if I flash a rom, could it interfere with my baseband and cause me to lose service? Thanks.I'm on 4.5.604 and stock 2.3.5I know this is a pretty intense game of 20 questions, but please bare with me...

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    441 times
    I'm gonna edit this till I answer all your questions because there's a lot haha

1. DX is locked down no touching it. By unlocked you're referencing to the fact you can have it on any carrier.
    2. D2 bootstrap is the beat app to have if your going to be flashing roms/themes anything.
    3. As for flashing a from any one of them should do. Just in order to do it your going to have to go through lots of steps on rooting but it'll be easier because you're already halfway done being on 604 (I'll get a link to teach you how to root and what roms you can using being on your system version). But as for flashing a rom just YouTube how to flash a rom droid X gingerbread. It'll bring you lots of links.

And now I'm going to get the how to root and get roms on your phone link.

To be continued

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post script.. if you happen to loose service just take it into your carrier and they can flash it no problem. But from other threads where this has happened I do not believe that you'll loose service
    Last edited by BHuber09; 07-05-2012 at 10:44 PM.

FreeMyMoto!!!

If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    441 times
    Here's a good one to read...
    Important Info for .621 Update!

And here's the list of rooms and another good one to read over
    [ROMs] Multi-ROM Thread - Blur-Based ROMs for those on .621/.604!

Any questions ask I'm sure I'll be here if not someone else will probably take over

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FreeMyMoto!!!

If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BHuber09 View Post
    I'm gonna edit this till I answer all your questions because there's a lot haha1. DX is locked down no touching it. By unlocked you're referencing to the fact you can have it on any carrier.2. D2 bootstrap is the beat app to have if your going to be flashing roms/themes anything.3. As for flashing a from any one of them should do. Just in order to do it your going to have to go through lots of steps on rooting but it'll be easier because you're already halfway done being on 604 (I'll get a link to teach you how to root and what roms you can using being on your system version). But as for flashing a rom just YouTube how to flash a rom droid X gingerbread. It'll bring you lots of links.And now I'm going to get the how to root and get roms on your phone link. To be continued Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2Post script.. if you happen to loose service just take it into your carrier and they can flash it no problem. But from other threads where this has happened I do not believe that you'll loose service
    Wow. Okay thanks so much for all the help you've given me already!

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BHuber09 View Post
    Here's a good one to read...Important Info for .621 Update!And here's the list of rooms and another good one to read over [ROMs] Multi-ROM Thread - Blur-Based ROMs for those on .621/.604!Any questions ask I'm sure I'll be here if not someone else will probably take overSent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Okay, so having read that link, in getting the impression that my 4.5.604 is basically the verizon .621, but I can use it to flash these "2nd-init ROMs" without affecting baseband, radio, etc.. And these roms listed in the second link should work with my .604? Which rom might you recommend?

+ Reply to Thread

Ads