Froyo music player bug

This is a discussion on Froyo music player bug within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Can a few of you all do me a favor and go into the music player while a song is playing and rotate the phone ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Froyo music player bug

Froyo music player bug

Can a few of you all do me a favor and go into the music player while a song is playing and rotate the phone several times between portrait and landscape? Mine rotates a few times and then the screen freezes and the song starts skipping. Eventually I can quit out of it, although once it totally locked up and I had to do a battery pull. Doesn't seem like there is any fix for this because there is no way to keep the screen from rotating.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grad View Post
    Can a few of you all do me a favor and go into the music player while a song is playing and rotate the phone several times between portrait and landscape? Mine rotates a few times and then the screen freezes and the song starts skipping. Eventually I can quit out of it, although once it totally locked up and I had to do a battery pull. Doesn't seem like there is any fix for this because there is no way to keep the screen from rotating.
    Working fine on my phone. I can't get it to lock/skip other otherwise fail even after turning it over 15-20 times. Stopped it/restarted with a different song, did the same flip a bunch of times and still worked as expected.

Sorry, but I can't duplicate this issue.

Strange...I have no idea what would be causing it. Happens regardless of the song, and does it right after a fresh reboot as well.

X Operative
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grad View Post
    Strange...I have no idea what would be causing it. Happens regardless of the song, and does it right after a fresh reboot as well.
    Note I'm one of the few who updated to 2.2 but wasn't rooted before or after the update. While I've added plenty of apps and removed some I didn't use, everything I did was via the stock interfaces.

My phone/configuration would be the one they tested the most, so I expect the fewest issues (but we'll see...)

I never rooted and I have basic apps on mine, nothing too fancy. Perhaps the one that affects the operation of the phone the most is Launcher Pro, but it has always been pretty stable. I suspect the issue is that the music player can now be rotated from portrait to landscape (and I don't believe it used to).

X Operative
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsThree Friends100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    With froyo the apps can be rotated 270 degrees now.
    -Bozidar0, PHP Programmer
    Rooted, (FlyX, Black Glass), Droid X 2.2

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bozidar0 View Post
    With froyo the apps can be rotated 270 degrees now.

You sure can

@ OP,

I have failed to duplicate your issue with the stock music playing application. I am running 2.2 rooted. Also, I don't know what could be the issue for this happening. I hope you find a solution!
    -- Rooted Droid X --

- Core i7 920 @ 4.1Ghz
    - EVGA Classified 760
    - 2 x EVGA GTX 480s in SLI
    - 6GB G.Skill 2GHz CAS 8 RAM
    - Thermaltake 1200W PSU
    - BD-RW Drive

Over on Androidforums somebody had this happen but it completely crashed his phone, it wouldn't even reboot. He had to flash back to 2.1 and had a lot of trouble doing it. Mine isn't that severe, but I know it has happened to others.

X Informant
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    i tried it and my screen froze a bit but wasn't bad enough to have the song start skipping.
    after that i went into manage applications in settings and went to Music and forced stopped and cleared data.
    i went back to the music player and it tried it again and it no longer froze.
    i hope this would also help you out
    Grad, moodinsk, jrac86 and 3 others like this.

X Operative
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I just tried on mine. I'm rooted with 2.2. Rotated it 5 times with no issues. I originally messed up the update and lost root so I flashed back with the sbf file then rerooted and reupdated. Maybe the process of flashing the sbf changed something in the system that was different from stock out of the box.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads