Froyo music player bug

This is a discussion on Froyo music player bug within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Originally Posted by Grad Wow Selrahc, I think that did it! Thank you so much!!! Do you know if there is a way to clear ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Froyo music player bug

X Operative
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grad View Post
    Wow Selrahc, I think that did it! Thank you so much!!!

Do you know if there is a way to clear the cache/data for another issue I am having? My Google search bar widget keeps having a weird issue where it jumps up to the top of my home screen and stops responding. Is there a way to clear the cache for this widget? Perhaps do it for Launcher Pro instead?
    The clear cache did not fix my hang of the music app after rotation and I to suffer from the Google Search Bar widget issue you mentioned. I ended up moving it to the top row and all is well....but that's not where I had it with 2.1 ROM and not where I wanted it to stay. I also just performed a full factory reset with 2.2 and it seems to be of no help on those two issues. Ah, gotta love new bugs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Droid X <- iPhone4 <- iPhone3G <- VX6700 <- MPx200 <- Sneakers
    GT10.1 <- Whiteboard <- Chalkboard <- Stone Tablet

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stwatson View Post
    Well...warning on clearing data...

now NONE of my music files work. No MP3 that are transferred to the CD card OR downloaded. I keep getting the message that the player doesn't support this type of file (which is mp3).

HELP!
    Just reboot, that happened to me twice today. Had to reboot twice. The only way to fix this problem is to reboot.

X Operative
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    @bgcbrandon
    That doesn't sound like a sufficient solution. I remember I posted on a very similar issue that no one really responded to. Finally someone said it sounds like a hardware issue. Can it be a faulty sd card controller on the device? Having to reboot because a standard feature is not working properly does not sound like a place to stay complacent. Just my 2 cents. My post was on the original 2.1 build and it's still occurring on the OTA 2.2 build...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Nokia handheld -> LG flip phone -> Storm -> Droid X

ROOTED and lovin' it
    running Android
    4.0.4 - currently using Gummy 1.2.0 - 5/9/12 [BETA]

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes mine has done this a few times. I have to pull the battery cause it becomes totally unresposive.but after the pull
    Its most generally fine. Im like wise running launcher pro plus,and.I have roughly 6g of music on here?
    Im to drunk to taste this chicken.- the late colonel sanders

X Operative
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoobie View Post
    The clear cache did not fix my hang of the music app after rotation and I to suffer from the Google Search Bar widget issue you mentioned. I ended up moving it to the top row and all is well....but that's not where I had it with 2.1 ROM and not where I wanted it to stay. I also just performed a full factory reset with 2.2 and it seems to be of no help on those two issues. Ah, gotta love new bugs.
    UPDATE:
    I have decided to do another factory reset and setup the phone clean (no Launcher Pro and no restore on any prior settings - even formatted the SD card). Thus far the Google widget issue is resolved so it "may" have been related to a LP. I am not rooted and just some basic apps. No market widgets, no non-stock background apps. I am going to run this way for a while but the Music App and Google Widget issues are no longer happening.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Droid X <- iPhone4 <- iPhone3G <- VX6700 <- MPx200 <- Sneakers
    GT10.1 <- Whiteboard <- Chalkboard <- Stone Tablet

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    On 2.1 i never had this problem.. maybe factory data reset? but this happened twice yesterday when i chose a song and while it loaded the song i cicked the volume button and the problem happened. Maybe it's another glitch?
    Quote Originally Posted by e3zkiel View Post
    @bgcbrandon
    That doesn't sound like a sufficient solution. I remember I posted on a very similar issue that no one really responded to. Finally someone said it sounds like a hardware issue. Can it be a faulty sd card controller on the device? Having to reboot because a standard feature is not working properly does not sound like a place to stay complacent. Just my 2 cents. My post was on the original 2.1 build and it's still occurring on the OTA 2.2 build...

X Operative
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgcbrandon View Post
    On 2.1 i never had this problem.. maybe factory data reset? but this happened twice yesterday when i chose a song and while it loaded the song i cicked the volume button and the problem happened. Maybe it's another glitch?
    When my girlfriend was having this problem on 2.1, we did a .sbf restore and deleted all data (factory reset). The issue still persisted. She waited until the OTA 2.2 came out to give it another go. The problem was still there and is now being experienced by other users on this forum! Could be an overlooked bug...

Nokia handheld -> LG flip phone -> Storm -> Droid X

ROOTED and lovin' it
    running Android
    4.0.4 - currently using Gummy 1.2.0 - 5/9/12 [BETA]

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had this issue with the music player as well. Alot of the time in the car in Car Home mode. but also a few times when not in the car.

Most of them for me require a battery pop and reboot. Screen goes blank except for the title bar at the top. Unresponsive most of the time. On the rare occurances I can Home key and get into App settings, I can force quit it.

So 20% massive slowdowns but recoverable
    80% BSOD (black screen of death) that requires a battery pop

My Droid is 1 week old and is 2.2

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ditto on the music app issues

X Informant
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Same here on the music app. Freezes, black screen and requires a battery pull to fix.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads