Froyo music player bug

This is a discussion on Froyo music player bug within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Wow Selrahc, I think that did it! Thank you so much!!! Do you know if there is a way to clear the cache/data for another ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Froyo music player bug

Wow Selrahc, I think that did it! Thank you so much!!!

Do you know if there is a way to clear the cache/data for another issue I am having? My Google search bar widget keeps having a weird issue where it jumps up to the top of my home screen and stops responding. Is there a way to clear the cache for this widget? Perhaps do it for Launcher Pro instead?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Additionally, what would happen if I hit the "clear data" for Launcher Pro? Would there be any adverse effects? I am thinking the weird widget jumping around is something that Launcher Pro is doing.

X Informant Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grad View Post
    Wow Selrahc, I think that did it! Thank you so much!!!

Do you know if there is a way to clear the cache/data for another issue I am having? My Google search bar widget keeps having a weird issue where it jumps up to the top of my home screen and stops responding. Is there a way to clear the cache for this widget? Perhaps do it for Launcher Pro instead?
    Well, I was having issues with my music player as well. I tried to do this, but when I hit force stop on the music player application, it froze my phone! Anyway, restarting now and then I'll clear the data. My cache is empty... since the button for "clear cache" is greyed out. Bummer.

Tagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    ...and after a reboot and clearing data, I'm good. Works perfectly now, doesn't freeze. Thanks for the suggestion Selrahc! It's simple stuff like this that, as seasoned Android users, we should remember, but there's just so much that goes on with Android that it's hard sometimes to remember everything one should.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by selrahc View Post
    i tried it and my screen froze a bit but wasn't bad enough to have the song start skipping.
    after that i went into manage applications in settings and went to Music and forced stopped and cleared data.
    i went back to the music player and it tried it again and it no longer froze.
    i hope this would also help you out
    Thanks so much for this. I was about ready to flash back to 2.1. Whenever I would rotate the music player, purposefully or on accident, it would cause my phone to lock up completely.

X Operative
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I initially read this thread a few days ago, did the rotating thing and didn't have a problem. Now that I've loaded up the X with MP3s I've been putting the music player through its paces while at work and I've been running into the freezing issue. I think the problem is related to using the lockscreen buttons to skip tracks, the player reaching the end of its playlist or even a track, and then jumping back into the player. Most of the time everything works, but other times real problems crop up. I've had the phone lock up when hitting the home button from within the player and it stuttering back and forth trying to close the window, but having it pop back to the front. Again, just now the phone froze up and the screen went dark like it was off, but was totally unresponsive to the power button. After a few minutes tapping at it I was working the case off to do a battery pull when the phone reboots on its own. Besides the battery manager working intermittently this is the only real problem I've had since installing the froyo leak. Selrahc's suggestion to clear data does seem to fix things when it starts acting up again, so it's kind of a workaround.

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Fixed!

Thanks! I just upgraded to Froyo and the music player kept freezing. Clearing data worked and I have no problems now. THANK YOU!!!

500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Also if you're rooted and know what your doing, search up on "musicmod" for droid x, it actually replaces stock music player, and has full drawing gestures with a bunch of homescreen widgets. Looks exactly like stock app too, with much better features / functionality.
    F2E

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys...

I am also having this problem. Mine is bad enough to where the screen will go blank and I have to remove the battery to get the phone to boot up.

I also used the clear data option and it seems to have fixed the problem. Will this problem arise again in the future as I continue to download more songs and make more playlists?

How did this happen and how does clearing the data fix this issue?

Thanks for the replies...Im a curious person!

Sam

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well...warning on clearing data...

now NONE of my music files work. No MP3 that are transferred to the CD card OR downloaded. I keep getting the message that the player doesn't support this type of file (which is mp3).

HELP!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads