How to flash my Droid X to Straight Talk

This is a discussion on How to flash my Droid X to Straight Talk within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; I am new to all of this and don't know much about rooting or hacks. I can follow directions real well and so my question ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to flash my Droid X to Straight Talk

X Lurker
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wink How to flash my Droid X to Straight Talk

I am new to all of this and don't know much about rooting or hacks. I can follow directions real well and so my question is.... Can someone please tell me how to flash my VZW Droid X to be used with Straight Talk? Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I wanna know this too!

Sent from my DROIDX

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This doesn't help at all but I myself would also like to know how to do this. I have looked everywhere and not found much of anything besides a place on YouTube that promises to do it for 70 bucks or something. Hope someone could answer this question for all of us!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Not going to work. The Straight Talk BYOD deal is for GSM devices only.

Straight Talk does have CDMA service with Verizon, but all the devices are feature phones. You would need to switch the ESN with an approved ST feature phone, which is a legal gray area. Even if you did manage to get it working, they would be able to tell by the amount of data transfer and cut you off pretty much immediately.

It is possible to get a Droid 2 Global or Droid 3 working with Straight Talk, but it involves unlocking the SIM lock and switching the radio file with the respective Motorola Milestone. This will allow you to activate the phone on AT&T service through ST.

It's really too bad, because VZW has great service, but they make you bend over on prepaid smartphone plans. The equivalent of the ST deal on VZW is $125 a month.

Agent X
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
    Not going to work. The Straight Talk BYOD deal is for GSM devices only.

Straight Talk does have CDMA service with Verizon, but all the devices are feature phones. You would need to switch the ESN with an approved ST feature phone, which is a legal gray area. Even if you did manage to get it working, they would be able to tell by the amount of data transfer and cut you off pretty much immediately.

It is possible to get a Droid 2 Global or Droid 3 working with Straight Talk, but it involves unlocking the SIM lock and switching the radio file with the respective Motorola Milestone. This will allow you to activate the phone on AT&T service through ST.

It's really too bad, because VZW has great service, but they make you bend over on prepaid smartphone plans. The equivalent of the ST deal on VZW is $125 a month.
    i think the fcc rules state you can use any device on any network as long as there network supports the radio you are using
    ie. any cdma phone on any cdma network and any gsm phone on any gsm network

Hmm.

Well that maybe true about the FCC allowing use of any CDMA with any CDMA carrier, the method to get the verizon phone to work with Straight Talk is illegal. It involves changing your Verizon phones ESN (Electronic Serial Number) to that of an already activated CDMA Straight Talk phone. Of course I am not sure how they would ever know you did it! Some people have written that they would see the difference in data consumption and cut you off which doesn't make sense because the Straight Talk droids are just as capable of using data. To Straight Talk, they would just see you using your Straight Talk phone.

Was reading on the web that you can flash to straight talk. It would be great if anyone on this forum can help?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I found a straight talk flash on another site, I dont know if it works but here is the link: Topic: Android Straight Talk CDMA Flash -

+ Reply to Thread

Ads