Updated 3D Apple VS Andy Bootanimation

This is a discussion on Updated 3D Apple VS Andy Bootanimation within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; That's really odd that it's a 50/50 shot of it working depending on who's downloading it root, roms and themes oh my!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated 3D Apple VS Andy Bootanimation

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    That's really odd that it's a 50/50 shot of it working depending on who's downloading it

root, roms and themes oh my!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mugz91 View Post
    Not sure, bro. You might want to wait and let some others chime in before you move them, anyway; just because I can't get there from here doesn't mean others won't be able to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I guess you're right. It's irritating, to say the least though. Since the first post of a broken link, I've downloaded these multiple times without issue from my pc, my wife's, and straight to my phone from the DXF app. Doesn't make sense lol
    Need a Video Guide to help root your DX running Gingerbread? CLICK HERE

Need a Video Guide to help restore your DX to stock GB? CLICK HERE If that didn't work, try THIS ONE

X Operative
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I had no problem downloading the blue could behavior tracery prob on their end? How do I change permissions on the installed bootloader? It won't allow me to just change its name :O

X Informant
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Welfarebob View Post
    I had no problem downloading the blue could behavior tracery prob on their end? How do I change permissions on the installed bootloader? It won't allow me to just change its name :O
    You have to hit the "mount r/w" button or something similar depending on which file manager you're using.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Need a Video Guide to help restore your DX to stock GB? CLICK HERE If that didn't work, try THIS ONE

X Operative
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am using es file manager and feel like an idiot now..I forgot to check root and mount file system fixed and your animation rocks did you update it to intimate loop? It being blue lol :-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Welfarebob View Post
    I am using es file manager and feel like an idiot now..I forgot to check root and mount file system fixed and your animation rocks did you update it to intimate loop? It being blue lol :-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums
    I took one (the blue one actually) and tried it out on my phone set for infinite loop and it lagged horribly for some reason. Right as the camera goes from left to right in front of Andy, it froze for about 15-20 seconds every time I rebooted. Very odd.

Agent X
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    You did a great job on these. Installed the orange one and like it alot. I have no idea how to make boot animations but have a question. Instead of infinite loop could the animation be made longer? Like at the end of the animation have the android word spin? Im not sure if all the different roms load the same time wise. Im on Vortex and when the animation stops it just sits there until it boots up.
    Last edited by csk415; 10-27-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by csk415 View Post
    You did a great job on these. Installed the orange one and like it alot. I have no idea how to make boot animations but have a question. Instead of infinite loop could the animation be made longer? Like at the end of the animation have the android word spin? Im not sure if all the different roms load the same time wise. Im on Vortex and when the animation stops it just sits there until it boots up.
    Yeah I just got into this really, but I'm looking into it. If anything the word will keep blinking until boot after I fix it. Each animation took almost 3 hours to render, then they have to be packaged and uploaded, so redoing all of the animations would take a very long time. I don't like how it hangs at the end though, so I'll make it better. I'm at work now but I'll be playing with it more this evening and I'll update the OP once I have it resolved. Thanks for the feedback!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 1.8%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    They look awesome!

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Well guys, I haven't forgotten about fixing the "hang" at the end...I've just run into a couple snags that I'm trying to work through. I was trying to fix it using what I already have, but I may end up having to redo the animations and play with it a little to make it better. Ultimately I would have just liked to have it play an infinite loop, but I guess it's too intense with the animation because there is a 15 or 20 second lag that happens with infinite loop set. I also tried looping the last few seconds to have the android sign blink until boot, but that looked funny because there is still a piece of the apple bouncing around (Apple ruins everything! lol). Just thought I'd give an update....I'm still on it! Thanks for the compliments on the animation too, I appreciate it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads