Droids on Cricket Wireless or Straight Talk

This is a discussion on Droids on Cricket Wireless or Straight Talk within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; I was wondering if anyone flashed a droid (1, 2, inc., or X) to Cricket Wireless or Straight Talk and if so how were your ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droids on Cricket Wireless or Straight Talk

X Lurker
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droids on Cricket Wireless or Straight Talk

I was wondering if anyone flashed a droid (1, 2, inc., or X) to Cricket Wireless or Straight Talk and if so how were your results? I love the fact that these companies offer such a cheap plan, but don't want to sacrifice the quality of service. I tried doing some searches on this, but didn't come up with much. I mostly see assumptions and not real comparisons.

Thanks

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I know for a fact that the X has not. That requires not only a custom kernel/rom, but also radio drivers and a lot of other stuff, what you would need to do is to get someone at one of those providers to pop your MEID into their DB so it can be activated...but good luck with that.

I have my Droid X on Cricket. Darn good service for the price. Have the whole company on Cricket and have been for about 5 years now. Their service has gotten better and better. The internet is quite fast due to there are less smartphones on their network. I just recently ran into a problem with the internet. I lost data when I upgraded to 2.2. Problem with the phone, not the service. Cricket has unlimited everything with nationwide talk, text and data for$ 55! No one can touch Cricket for what you get. Super happy here. Unlimited everything!!! Nothing hidden and no contracts.

I don't know what the guy above me is talking about, but flashing the X is really easy. Nothing difficult and no special drivers. Radio frequencies or drivers? Huh? I had my x flashed in less than 45 min. I was up and running and out the door. It has been flawless outside me upgrading when I probably shouldn't have. I have been downloading tons of data without any worries of going over a quota. Awesome! I can stream shows and tv content without a problem.

X Operative Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    hmmm,the service is good.
    Just bought a droid X

Arthur, are you agreeing with me and stating it's good or are you questioning and asking me if it's good?
    Cricket IS a second tier service but from my experience it's pretty good. I used to get dropped calls years ago but that seems to have improved. I will say that my coverage is just as good as any other carrier in my area. I have friends who have plans with data and they pay way way more for service. And since Cricket went nationwide for voice AND data it makes it one hell of a deal at $55.

Just my $.02
    Last edited by 5280Man; 11-15-2010 at 09:07 AM.

X Informant
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I kind of have doubts about Cricket maybe because of the cheap rate and the service droughts we had in my area. I didn't know the DX was compatible with their service. What is the process of "flashing" your DX to Cricket and what are the cons if any? I like to root and rom my phone will that affect me at all? Thinking about putting myself and my mom on there after we get some upgrades from VZW

X Lurker
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes i too would like to know more on how you flashed to cricket, my cricket here is getting really great feedback from people i know with it, and ya their internet is way fast as there is almost no one on it lol

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I also have cricket on my Dx and on my D1 I have their $45 plan on both I think im being capped as I only get about 600Kb down and up but fast enough for me, got everything working on my D1 Mms, web, text, voice, apps, market, but for some reason mms wont work on my Dx everything else works

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xcaliburpcs View Post
    I also have cricket on my Dx and on my D1 I have their $45 plan on both I think im being capped as I only get about 600Kb down and up but fast enough for me, got everything working on my D1 Mms, web, text, voice, apps, market, but for some reason mms wont work on my Dx everything else works

I have the same problem with my DX, no mms but everything else is working.

I hoping there going to be a fix soon.

I was just wondering, what PRL is everything using?

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Im using the 7200 prl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads