Darkslide_X questions (just installed..my first ROM!)

This is a discussion on Darkslide_X questions (just installed..my first ROM!) within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; I finally took the plunge and went from the OTA .602 GB to Darkslide_X! I first sbf'd to 2.3.340, rooted, did the 2 part update ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darkslide_X questions (just installed..my first ROM!)

X Lurker
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Darkslide_X questions (just installed..my first ROM!)

I finally took the plunge and went from the OTA .602 GB to Darkslide_X! I first sbf'd to 2.3.340, rooted, did the 2 part update to rooted GB .596, then the Darkslide_X and patch. It basically took me all day to figure it all out but it's done and working fine (as far as I can tell). I chose Darkslide_X because most people seem to think it's less buggy and easier to use than some other ROMs. This is the first time I have ever modified my DX...had never rooted or Rom'd so I didn't want to get all crazy. Now I'm wondering what next...I've read a little about overclocking, tethering, themes, removing data throttling (is this even necessary?), etc.

So, what are your suggestions? I'd like to hear what you all suggest for must-have root apps and what I should do next, if anything. I know other ROMS like Liberty have toolboxes...but I don't think Darkslide_X does...does that really matter? Thanks for all your tips...this site has been really helpful!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Get titanium backup to backup apps and app data..get a file explorer for root like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer.. If you want to do screenshot get Shootme or Drocap , I've had best luck with shootme....As far as themes I know theres bluebread that will work and Wulf's blue, green, orange, red, and dark river themes for dsx ....
    [Theme] Darkslide X colored River themes, What color will your DSX swim in?

root, roms and themes oh my!
    Last edited by nemosfate; 08-20-2011 at 03:26 PM.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    No, DarkSlide does not have the toolbox and it's a deal breaker for some. I have DSX and have installed Wulf's blueriver theme and crt mod (they are cool). I also have Root Explorer, Titanium Backup Pro, Jrummy's Android Overclock, Nema's battery calibration (more later), meta and ninjamorph, and a couple.other apps.

There are two things you should do. Get a battery calibration app such as nema's. This gives you the easy way to delete the batterystats.bin file. It's a good idea after flashing as each rom may report battery stats differently.
    If you get Titanium Backup, also use it to clean up your davlik cache. It will scan it and delete any unneeded file in it.
    You should also use D2 bootstrap and create a nandroid backup of your setup, it will be a big help if you ever need a restore.
    One other thing. Go to the market, if you haven't already, and download "spare parts+". The version of sp+ that comes with dsx will force close if you try to view batt stats witj it. This is a GB rom issue, not a spare parts issue. After installing it you won't get the fc anymore.
    After installing TiBu, you can uninstall the spare parts that came with dsx as it is no longer required.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!
    Sent from the pc, but the Droid still lives...........

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks...I am off to the market! Any advice on a good tethering app or are they all basically the same? Any idea if the phone will charge while tethering via usb cable? Thanks again to both of you for the quick replies!

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    There are a couple tethering apps, but I don't tether so I am "uneducated" about them. I do know that TBH has one abd also wugfresh?? If I spelled it right.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!
    Sent from the pc, but the Droid still lives...........

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, a couple of questions...what's the difference between the Titanium backup and Nandroid backup? I assume I need both but I don't know why. Also, I have Astro file manager...is Root Explorer a replacement for that? Lastly, what is Spare Parts for? Thanks again!

X Operative
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The actual titanium backup is called a nandroid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Technician X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Open Garden wifi tethering has never failed me.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nandroid is when you make a backup from Dx or d2 bootstrap, ie bootstrap recovery mode. Ti backup is just that to.

Apex 2.0 RC2, at my speed, blurless is amazing, very blacked out with super green accent.
    Rooted and Running Apex 2.0 Rc2 loving it....

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by justifi View Post
    The actual titanium backup is called a nandroid.

What? Titanium backup is an app from the market that backs up apps and app data and also you can freeze any app you don't want on there
    Nandroid is a backup you create in ClockworkMod, it backs up the rom the exact way it is setup when you make the nandroid,

root, roms and themes oh my!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads