Darkslide_X questions (just installed..my first ROM!)

This is a discussion on Darkslide_X questions (just installed..my first ROM!) within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Thanks for the clarification...I'm doing my best to learn everything but there's so much information out there that it is pretty overwhelming!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darkslide_X questions (just installed..my first ROM!)

X Lurker
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the clarification...I'm doing my best to learn everything but there's so much information out there that it is pretty overwhelming!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Astro is a file explorer just like root explorer. It allows you to view all the files on your phone. Root explorer is just my preference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Sent from the pc, but the Droid still lives...........

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I need help. I woke up this morning and had a notification on my phone saying it had downloaded the .602 update and it was ready to install. I hit install later but obviously I don't want to install it at all...so how to I get the notification to stop coming up??

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I know that there is a way to freeze the update with titanium backup. I have just never had to do it. I you don't want to wait for specific help look in the forum for how the. 596 update was frozen by people
    Sent from my supercharged Chevy rom

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I am trying to figure out exactly what to freeze...still googling...I never have much luck with the search function on here. I have another question...is it possible to get the .13 radio with Darkslide X?

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes.. There is a radio only zip. Give me a few to get to a computer so I can link it. I can't do that with a phone. Or I don't know how.

Sent from my supercharged Chevy X

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Wait.. I have to edit myself. There is a radio zip but you must be on froyo(234) to install it. That requires an sbf to group, radio install after root and bootstrap, update to gingerbread(596), and then reflash your rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Informant
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 25.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fernbch View Post
    You should also use D2 bootstrap and create a nandroid backup of your setup, it will be a big help if you ever need a restore.
    o longer required.
    Just don't put too much stock in the backup from D2 bootstrap. My backup attempts have failed 2 for 2 in Droid X bootstrap and D2 bootstrap. The backup program hung up in the data section. If it fails you can just flash a ROM or SBF then restore apps from Ti BU.

The idea of Droid 2 recovery (nandroid) is to restore everything just like you had, so you can go back. ie. shortcuts and all in the same place. Titanium BU you want to backup apps and app data so you get all them back after and upgrade or ROM change. You then have to arrainge things all over. It's like moving to a new house. TI is all your stuff packed in boxes, but you have to put everything where you want all over. I find it helpful to have the .apk for TI and Z4root on my SD card to I can restore root right away (if you SBF) then run TI without needing a fresh download.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You guys are really awesome...thanks for the replies...I'm still trying to figure out what to freeze in Tibu to get the Verizon .602 update to stop bugging me for an install. Any ideas? Also, is that .13 radio update just for the radio and nothing else? I never use my radio so I don't know that I want to bother with the hassle of installing it.

Hey aramis...how do you like Chevy? You still on X or did you update to the newest version? My buddy wants a ROM now and I was considering that one but I'm concerned about the bugs...we want to compare the 2. We're both pretty new to all of this stuff.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.8%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    I have another app suggestion for you. Try root tools by Jrummy. You can do some cool things with it like change carrier text, where it normally says "Verizon Wireless" you can put your own words up to 18 characters. There is also boot logo changer by Jrummy. It will change the red M to a different image, it comes with a few. I'm trying SSX right now, its good and I like it but has some bugs and if you are not comfortable with troubleshooting maybe you should stick with dsx for a while and read up in the threads so you know what to expect. With the apps I mentioned can make dsx fun to play with. Have fun, its just the beginning lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads