Flashing the .604 SBF With Windows 7
So my phone would randomly reboot after root, and I really didn't want to bother bricking it by trying to change permissions and reinstalling apps. I'm getting a replacement device sent, so I said screw it.
I'm running Windows 7 32bit..so I can only confirm it worked for me on that OS.
1)Download and extract this file to a location of your choice.LINK REMOVED
2. Download and Install RSD Lite from this Link (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service)
3. After installation, move the pst_flash.ini file to /Motorola/RSDLite(credit to p3droid)
4. Put your X into bootloader mode. (Power off. Press and hold the Camera button, Volume down, and Power button)
5. Connect your Droid X via usb to your computer, and let the drivers install. RSDLite should instantly recognize it.
6. Navigate to where you extracted your .604 SBF file and choose it. Click start.
7. After it successfully flashes, you won't see a difference in your phone image wise. You will lose root, have all of your apps installed, and lose 3G. Or atleast I did, you may not.
To fix this, call *228, option 1.
Thanks to Gunkle for the last part.
I didn't do any of the hard stuff, this is just how it worked for me. There may be an easier way, but this was was effective for me. Thanks to p3droid for the RSDLite link, and Phoxus for the SBF.
Last edited by Martin030908; 08-22-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Reason: .sbf links not allowed.
08-06-2010 09:14 PM
Droid X Forums
Thanks. Glad it worked out for you.
Beesley on IRC
Are always appreciated for the build.prop work on Rom Manager. Thanks everyone. Viva La Android
Glad this worked for Windows users as well. <3
When I press Start, what happens? I don't see anything happening in RSD Lite or the Bootloader screen. WHen I tried to install the drivers, it said that I already had a NEWER driver install and aborted.
Update*** I uninstalled the 4.6.5 drivers and installed the ones that were supplied and followed the steps.....exactly. Voila......back in business!
Last edited by riahon; 08-08-2010 at 09:33 PM.
I had to do this, too. Windows 7 64 bit. Very handy tool when you use Root Explorer for something that should be adb only.
Happy Birthday Spray, I'm Disappointed in You.
I've followed the thread off of the XDA forums and I've gotten RSD to recognize that there is something connected, but it wont pull properties for the device and just fail. I've done all of the obvious stuff. any suggestions people?
Did u patch RSD Lite like u r supposed to for the Droid x?
Originally Posted by TheWhun
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
-- Rooted Droid X --
- Core i7 920 @ 4.1Ghz
- EVGA Classified 760
- 2 x EVGA GTX 480s in SLI
- 6GB G.Skill 2GHz CAS 8 RAM
- Thermaltake 1200W PSU
- BD-RW Drive
Should the screen change at all? Mine is still sitting on the bootloader ready screen?
Last edited by zoulkyud; 08-23-2010 at 11:24 AM.
If you guys run into bootloops after flashing back to 2.1 all you have to do is boot into recovery and wipe cache and factory reset and your good to go .
Actually nevermind. I had to run RSD lite as administrator. Important step, make sure it is checked as run as administrator. I could click start but it would sit there and do nothing.