im on nonrooted froyo droid x...trying to get a good stable version of 4.5.XXX

This is a discussion on im on nonrooted froyo droid x...trying to get a good stable version of 4.5.XXX within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Hey friends! I have some questions to ask. I have a non-rooted droid x on froyo 2.2.1 ... I am currently thinking about hacking my ...

Thread: im on nonrooted froyo droid x...trying to get a good stable version of 4.5.XXX

X Operative
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

im on nonrooted froyo droid x...trying to get a good stable version of 4.5.XXX

Hey friends!

I have some questions to ask.

I have a non-rooted droid x on froyo 2.2.1 ... I am currently thinking about hacking my droid x so it will run a newer version of motoblur and android 2.3 on it.

But what I am trying to figure out is this...

Is there a simple way to just install an early leaked build of the droid x OTA that will give me the new motoblur and gingerbread WITHOUT HAVING TO ROOT MY DROID X???

I read this Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.588) Successful Installation Guide and it says I must already have root to install the 4.5.588 leaked ota.

So i understand they are saying to root your phone before installing the update.

But basically im just hoping I dont have to root my phone ahead of time to apply the updates...

Help please? comments? suggestions?

If I am being confusing I will explain myself more if needed..

-----EDIT-------------------

this might have answered my question...http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all...d-no-root.html

IF this is truly the answer then I guess the answer is you must have a rooted droid x to apply the leaked ota's..?
    Last edited by droidx86; 05-15-2011 at 09:53 AM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    If you get the original signed release of GB 588, you can install without root. Just name it update.zip and drop it on the root of your sdcard. Go into recovery and pick install update.zip from sdcard

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

let us know how it goes

keep in ind the official OTA of GB is rumored to be just around the corner (or 2 days ago), and you will need to be on stock froyo if you want to get it
    -hd

X Operative
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    If you get the original signed release of GB 588, you can install without root. Just name it update.zip and drop it on the root of your sdcard. Go into recovery and pick install update.zip from sdcard

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

let us know how it goes

keep in ind the official OTA of GB is rumored to be just around the corner (or 2 days ago), and you will need to be on stock froyo if you want to get it
    -hd
    Thanks buddy! Ya I have heard its right around the corner but I didnt know I had to be on stock froyo to receive it. Ill just wait I guess. I really really hope that the droid x is soon rootable again after the REAL NON LEAKED OFFICIAL OTA version comes out though. Who has faith that it will be rootable afterwards? I am optimistic.

I've been lurking this site for a while and just never rooted my phone because I promised my girlfriend I wouldnt, she didnt want to void the verizon warranty or the asurion warranty either...so I never rooted it. But now me and her are going our separate ways and I can void that warranty all I want now. I just hope i dont facepalm myself one day trying to do something to my droid x. I absolutely love this phone, and im still on stock LOL. Can hardly wait to jump for joy when I root this baby,customize it and get the bloatware off of it.
    Last edited by droidx86; 05-15-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    No doubt the devs will achieve root on the OTA, once they get their hands on it

Remove Ads

Ads