Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent.

This is a discussion on Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent. within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; "Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent. (Error Code: 3e)" This is the error I've been repeatedly getting during the early ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent.

Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent.

"Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent. (Error Code: 3e)"

This is the error I've been repeatedly getting during the early stages of Flashing the .SBF.
    Does anyone or has anyone experienced this error?
    My drivers are up to date, using RSDlite 9 (tried 8 as well).
    When this error occurs, I hear a USB disconnection sound from windows.
    Using Windows 7 64 BIT.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djspikezz View Post
    "Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent. (Error Code: 3e)"

This is the error I've been repeatedly getting during the early stages of Flashing the .SBF.
    Does anyone or has anyone experienced this error?
    My drivers are up to date, using RSDlite 9 (tried 8 as well).
    When this error occurs, I hear a USB disconnection sound from windows.
    Using Windows 7 64 BIT.
    I had something similar last night and had to re download the official sbf from verizon found on mydroidworld and then reflashed and everything was ok, i would also try to get into stock recovery and wipe data. (Take out battery for a couple minutes, hold home button and power button,when the triangle comes up hit the search button, wipe data then restart and sbf again.

Quote Originally Posted by snoop5 View Post
    I had something similar last night and had to re download the official sbf from verizon found on mydroidworld and then reflashed and everything was ok, i would also try to get into stock recovery and wipe data. (Take out battery for a couple minutes, hold home button and power button,when the triangle comes up hit the search button, wipe data then restart and sbf again.
    Thanks for the quick response!
    I've tried this as well before several times. The outcome has been the same . I've re- dowloaded .SBF, tried reinstalling moto drivers/RSDlite as well, restarted comp. Made sure my phone was discovered and drivers were installed before running RSDlite...

X Informant
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djspikezz View Post
    Thanks for the quick response!
    I've tried this as well before several times. The outcome has been the same . I've re- dowloaded .SBF, tried reinstalling moto drivers/RSDlite as well, restarted comp. Made sure my phone was discovered and drivers were installed before running RSDlite...
    May have to wait on someone with more know how than me, if no answer go on mydroidworld and ask they are quick with the help,one more question are you running everything as admin i see your on windows 7

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm pretty sure the problem is because of the balloon popup notification when the usb disconnects/reconnects. There is another thread going right now that has the Registry Fix to turn it off and on. If you disable to run RSDlite then re-enable after you finish it should fix the issue. I personally got sick of the stupid little things that throw a wrench in the SBF process on windows 7 and just use Virtual Box with windows XP install. Virtual Box and usb port mapping seems to work everytime, I have never had it FAIL using that method.

Originally Posted by WugFresh
    Here's the solution to my stuck at 97% problem:

1. Open a txt document with notepad
    2. Select the code below and paste it into the txt doc
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00  [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "ShowInfoTip"=dword:00000000
    3. File > Save As... > Save as type > All Files (*.*) > name the file tooltip_disable.reg and save it somewhere you can access it easily.
    4. Double click that reg file you created and hit accept/ok to whatever it asks you
    5. This will modify your registry so that tooltips are disabled in your notification bar, which can interfere with the SBF process towards the end of it when its loads RAM.

If you ever want to re-enable tooltips, repeat the steps above, but name your file tooltip_enable.reg and use this code instead:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00  [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "ShowInfoTip"=dword:00000001
    More solutions coming... I have a bunch...

{{ WugFresh }}

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i was having the same problem last night, but i think my problem was using a windows wm on my mac. i used my wifes windows machine and it worked without a hitch.

i haven't tried to sbf using linux for quite a while, i'm not sure if people have had any luck with the latest sbf and sbf flash for linux. *shrug*

there's some good things to try above, and if you've got another machine you can try, that might work too. i've decided that rsd lite sucks :P

Yeah man I tried the reg thing. No luck. But yes it's happening when the usb disconects and reconects... thats when the SBF Freezes with the:

Advocate X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 31.6%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    hmm...

Thats the error that plauged me for the longest time.. but then my little reg fixed work. Try my other suggestions here:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...ndows-7-a.html

If those don't work. Let me know.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Easy method for SBF'ing your phone back to stock
    + SBFboot - the easy way to sbf
    Best ways to improve your phones overall performance:
    + How To Optimize Battery Life & Speed
    Wireless tethering on GB simplified
    + WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]
    Other helpful resources:
    + Deodexing Explained + How To
    + [One Stop] Rom Goodies, Extras, Mods & More

..:: Follow me on Twitter and Google+::..

X Lurker
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had an issue SBFing once that was similiar to this, though I can't remember if it was exactly the same. I spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong.

Finally, I figured out that I had to UNZIP the sbf file, not just "open" the zipped SBF and copy it onto the root of my hard drive. I had to actually hit the "unzip" option.

Not sure if that help, or if I'm crazy, or if this is something that everyone but me already knows.

UPDATE on situation: Well I was under warranty and had insurance and got a new DX. Im on 2.2.1, wanted to .SBF just to check, since there would be no harm to the phone from what I was experiencing with the Re-enumberation error.
    Turns out I'm still getting the error. Im tried .SBFing on XP, clean install of windows 7. What am I missing? There has to be something. Im using a new DX.. so the phone's out of the question. I've disabled tooltips. Any other ideas? Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads