Moto: Please donít continue to ruin your Android devices by locking down the bootload

This is a discussion on Moto: Please donít continue to ruin your Android devices by locking down the bootload within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Originally Posted by titans Or I could just get the Incredible if I wanted to I guess. Lol. This is true....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moto: Please donít continue to ruin your Android devices by locking down the bootload

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience PointsThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Or I could just get the Incredible if I wanted to I guess. Lol.
    This is true.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Whatever Moto's 2ghz phone is (or something that comes out this fall) will most likely get my money.....
    Unfortunately, that will most likely be locked down as well. I hope other companies such as HTC, LG, and Samsung don't follow in Motorola's footsteps. I love Motorola phones for one reason and one reason only, build quality. I like my phone's casing to be something other than plastic, even if it means it weighs a little more than other phones. If HTC would release a phone that isn't made entirely of plastic and don't lock down the bootloader, I may go with them for my next phone. I am still trying to be positive about the X's ability to be hacked as only a small amount of people have actually had their hands on the phone. I want to see what everyone thinks after they've had the phones for a decent amount of time. I guess we'll see soon enough as release day is coming up fast!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience PointsThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Well at 2ghz, I don't really need to hack my phone, plus it should be on GB, which is supposed to have a UI overhaul.

X Operative
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Well at 2ghz, I don't really need to hack my phone, plus it should be on GB, which is supposed to have a UI overhaul.
    I completely agree with that. I am trying to have the same mindset with the X!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jhankg View Post
    I completely agree with that. I am trying to have the same mindset with the X!
    Me too, but my Droid is already at 1ghz.... granted it doesn't have HDMI out or the 512 of ram but I can't complain about it

Might hold off (not sure however) on the X and see what's out this fall, closer to my date to get reduced pricing. Who knows....

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was messing with the HTC Evo yesterday..a well built phone actually. But sprints service here sucks big time. So im prolly still gonna go with the X and just make due...

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    It angers me to no extent, the fact that a company who has been on its last leg up until the Motorola Droid, now it seems to be a huge slap in the face to the developer community. My wish is that they make a developer phone version of it, so its unlocked, I would much rather buy that instead. This is straight BS. What else do they have in store for us, remote bricking? Wouldn't surprise me one bit, because obviously we have seen the idea of the open-source worlds doors been closed coming to a phone near you. I am going to get it because I have an interest in the screen size, but the minute something else comes along that is hackable and can have custom ROM's, count me in. This is shadiness at its finest.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Please read this before you root your X!
    Feel free to thank me if you think I helped. (<<<The button is on this left)
    Check out my new BLOG!

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by B16 View Post
    It angers me to no extent, the fact that a company who has been on its last leg up until the Motorola Droid, now it seems to be a huge slap in the face to the developer community. My wish is that they make a developer phone version of it, so its unlocked, I would much rather buy that instead. This is straight BS. What else do they have in store for us, remote bricking? Wouldn't surprise me one bit, because obviously we have seen the idea of the open-source worlds doors been closed coming to a phone near you. I am going to get it because I have an interest in the screen size, but the minute something else comes along that is hackable and can have custom ROM's, count me in. This is shadiness at its finest.
    Are you still going to be buying it?

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by B16 View Post
    ...I am going to get it because I have an interest in the screen size, but the minute something else comes along that is hackable and can have custom ROM's, count me in....
    Yes. I will.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Please read this before you root your X!
    Feel free to thank me if you think I helped. (<<<The button is on this left)
    Check out my new BLOG!

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    lmao sorry. i must've missed that hah. (im an idiot haha)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads