This is a new DX Froyo leak on the TBH app.
It has a few new features and appears to be a fully functional build.
Even if you are familiar with flashing ROMs and SBFs please read through the instructions as we've run into some fairly unique issues with this.
Thanks to Team Black Hat for this, and everyone who figured out how to get this working!
Steps to Install:
1. Purchase/Install Team Black Hat App from the Market
2. Download "Full 3.4.2 SBF file (update.zip format)
3. (Recommended) Download "Full 2.3.340 SBF file (update.zip format)
4. Use Droid X Bootstrapper to boot into Clockwork Recovery
5. (Recommended) Create Nandroid backup of your current setup
6. Wipe Data, Wipe Cache
7. Select > install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > teamblackhat/ > DX-Monster_3.4.2_updater.zip
8. Select > reboot system now
9. After booted, hold down power button, Select Power Off
10. Enter Stock Recovery by holding Home button down while powering up
11. Press Search button to view menu
12. Select > wipe data/factory reset
13. Select > wipe cache partition
14. Select > reboot system now
Steps to Root:
1. After normal Android Setup (register gmail address, etc.)
2. Goto Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging needs to be checked
3. Download SuperOneClick 1.6.5 (at the bottom of first post) from here
[APP]SuperOneClick v1.6.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers
If that version doesn't work, try this version
Special version SuperOneClick:root froyo/2.51 easily! - xda-developers
4. Extract files
5. Run SuperOneClick
6. Connect Phone to computer via USB
7. Click "Root"
You are Rooted!
You must use Droid 2 Bootstrapper to access Clockwork Recovery. Droid X Bootstrapper will only give you a blank screen.
After you load this build, your kernel version is slightly different.
2.3.340 Kernel version: 188.8.131.52-g55626e1 w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1
3.4.2 Kernel version: 184.108.40.206-ga649a2e qgd748@il93lnxdroid09 #1
Nandroid backups made while you are on the 2.3.340 kernel are not compatible with the 3.2.4 kernel.
To get back to a previous Nandroid Backup (2.3.340 Based like Liberty) you will need to run the DX-Monster_2.3.340_updater.zip or Maderstcok.zip, use z4root to root, and use Droid X Bootstrapper. If you try to restore a backup before you run Maders or the 2.3.340_updater you will have bootloops at the Moto logo. I have not attempted to restore a 3.4.2 backup from 2.3.340.
Thanks to WugFresh for these!
Port your favorite theme to the new Blur 3.4.2
DeOdex Blur 3.4.2
Snow02 has written a throttle hack for this build. Install via Clockwork recovery.
Make sure to mount /system before flashing.
Swype not working properly is a known issue.
I have had an issue with certain apps not appearing in the market when using this build (ex. MLB At Bat 2011)
If you would like to be able to use Swype or have problems with apps not showing up in the market, replace your /system/build.prop file with an edited version of the 2.3.340 build.prop file below.
Edited build.prop DO NOT FLASH.zip
And if you want an unedited copy of the 3.4.2 build.prop file, find it below.
Original 3.4.2 build.prop DO NOT FLASH.zip
Be sure to know what you're doing when moving/editing your build.prop file. This is an essential file that is utilized while your system is booting so making a mistake could cause your phone to go into a bootloop.