Everyone Needs To Wait

This is a discussion on Everyone Needs To Wait within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Too many people are having issues. I don't care if you think you are perfectly fine with your removed bloatware. Put it back. Or rename ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Everyone Needs To Wait

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Everyone Needs To Wait

Too many people are having issues.

I don't care if you think you are perfectly fine with your removed bloatware. Put it back. Or rename one at a time to .bak.

It is too early, and we are having wayyy to many people bricking phones. You need to wait until we have a custom recovery.

Now rooting is fine, and so is installing root only apps. But I warn you DO NOT, remove the bloatware, infact I would suggest against even renaming any of it.

I know bloatware is annoying, but I would rather be stuck with bloatware, than a brick.

We do not know enough about what to remove and what not to.

also. If you claim to be a noob. Please stay away from this, until we have a way of being absolutely sure, and have a plan B in the event of a brick.
    duffyanneal likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well Said Sir.

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    For sure. I put mine back in and just hid the drawer apps in laucherpro. Haven't seen any difference anyhow

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Can we get an outline on how to install the bloatware back and setting permisions via ADB? I would use root explorer if I had the $ to buy it right now.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah, a nice howto to put back deleted apps would be appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Also a how to do it straight from phone using terminal would excellent.

X Operative
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    As long as you know what's safe to remove, there shouldn't be any problems. I think the real problem are apps like Root Explorer that allow people to delete whatever they want without doing any reading.
    XtremeAaron and ajp like this.

7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    could be. only thing ive removed is cityid, amazon, blockbuster, mynet. I think thats it, just all the 3rd party apps. Only odd thing ive noticed is that when I run quadrant my FPS bar is sort of cut off. Didnt do that before I rooted.

X Operative
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jhankg View Post
    As long as you know what's safe to remove, there shouldn't be any problems. I think the real problem are apps like Root Explorer that allow people to delete whatever they want without doing any reading.
    The issue isn't that the system goes crazy without them or anything. You can remove them and it will run fine. BUT if you somehow get into a bootloop or someting, you CAN NOT do a factory reset if you have removed any apps. It will cause a bootloop. This is why he says to put them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by GDP View Post
    could be. only thing ive removed is cityid, amazon, blockbuster, mynet. I think thats it, just all the 3rd party apps. Only odd thing ive noticed is that when I run quadrant my FPS bar is sort of cut off. Didnt do that before I rooted.
    Removing them isn't what causes problems. But if you attempt a factory reset after you have removed some apps, it will put you into an endless bootloop and you'll have a nice 4.3" paperweight.
    Droid X - Eris - Droid - Storm1 - Curve 8330 - Lots of LG Dumbphones

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jhankg View Post
    Very true. I read alot before doing most of this stuff. I Rooted/custom rom flash my eris, incredible now droid x and alot of the older devices and ipaqs. Mostly through following how to guides. Now I'm stuck not being able to update at the moment because at my own risk decided to remove a few third party apps with titanium. I have redownloaded apks, will titanium reinstall them with proper permissions so I'd be able to update .604 ?

Here is a link to my post describing my situation in detail. I rooted using terminal emulator because of issues with adb which Im sure are because doing so much htc eris and incredible adb stuff recently. Prolly need to use usbdeveiw and clean some stuff out.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...html#post15321

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads