Removing the Bloat

This is a discussion on Removing the Bloat within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Originally Posted by budmonster There is over 28 pages and 278 posts in this thread. Could someone please be kind enough to post a list ...

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Removing the Bloat

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    There is over 28 pages and 278 posts in this thread. Could someone please be kind enough to post a list of all the APPS that can't and can be removed on one page? It's really a pain trying to go through each post, seeing what can be removed and what can't. I'm willing to donate to whoever does it. I think it will make everyone's life much easier if someone can post an UPDATED list of what can/cant be removed.

Thanks -BUD
    You do not remove ANY app. There is no reason to you have a 16 GB phone for petes sake plus another 16 GB external. Just leave them renamed.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

budmonster
    Removed, Renamed, Froze, etc. I'm just looking for an updated list that isn't scattered over 30 pages.

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There is over 28 pages and 278 posts in this thread. Could someone please be kind enough to post a list of all the APPS that can't and can be removed on one page? It's really a pain trying to go through each post, seeing what can be removed and what can't. I'm willing to donate to whoever does it. I think it will make everyone's life much easier if someone can post an UPDATED list of what can/cant be removed.

Thanks -BUD
    I'm rather new to the forum thing. Just rooted a week ago so I don't know if it's OK to link to another forum. There is a great list at Full list of apps and apks that are removable and non-removable with root - Android Forums and I use Titanium (the paid version) to just freeze the apps in case I need to unfreeze them later. This seems to work just fine since it's not the space I need I just don't want all that crap running all the time. Hope this helps and if this was a no-no to post the link to the other forum I apologize.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Removed, Renamed, Froze, etc. I'm just looking for an updated list that isn't scattered over 30 pages.
    See the first page of http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...easy-free.html

X Operative
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Please forgive me off the bat for a simple question. This is my first attempt at removing any bloat where so I have a few questions to start.

1.) what is the main benefit to removing the bloat?

2.) I am a little worried to brick my phone so I am going cautiously. I have followed the instruction from the first page, I have installed Root Explorer and have found my first bloat to remove. amazon MP3... when I click on the app a window pops up stating Package Installer... This is where I am a bit confused as I do not see this step in the instructions. Please advice and any helpful tips would be fantastic.

Thank you!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcaninvt View Post
    Please forgive me off the bat for a simple question. This is my first attempt at removing any bloat where so I have a few questions to start.

1.) what is the main benefit to removing the bloat?

2.) I am a little worried to brick my phone so I am going cautiously. I have followed the instruction from the first page, I have installed Root Explorer and have found my first bloat to remove. amazon MP3... when I click on the app a window pops up stating Package Installer... This is where I am a bit confused as I do not see this step in the instructions. Please advice and any helpful tips would be fantastic.

Thank you!
    i unstickied this thread since there is now a better one to do what this did. see here.
    http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...easy-free.html

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    i unstickied this thread since there is now a better one to do what this did. see here.
    http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...easy-free.html
    I think we can go ahead and close this thread to avoid replies in here versus the other...

Closing thread.
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Remove Ads

Ads