WE HAZ ROOTS!. Thanks to Birdman. Here is the directions.
Step 1: Set up ADB
Step 2: Push exploid to /sqlite_stmt_journals "adb push exploid /sqlite_stmt_journals"
Step 3: type "adb shell"
Step 4: type "cd sqlite_stmt_journals"
Step 5: type "chmod 755 exploid"
Step 6: type "./exploid" and follow directions on screen
Step 7: type "rootshell"
Step 8: type in password "secretlol"
Step 9: your in root!
Step 10: mount your sdcard to pc and put Superuser.apk and su in the sdcard
Step 11: unmount sdcard
Step 12: in adb (make sure your still in root with the # sign) type in:
- cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
- cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/su
- chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
your done! feel free to kill the bloat apps snd such ;
NOTE: it might be a smart idea to do "rm /system/bin/rootshell" after you have su and superuser in place as ANY program will have access to your root if you leave it (cause everyone will know the password)
- Sebastian Kramer for this blog post - http://c-skills.blogspot...07/android-trickery.html
- Birdman - for editing Sebastians work for the droidx
- [mbm] - for answering birdmans many questions while root was tried (and failed xD)
The blog list:
- Birdman - @mrweeeedbirdman - http://stevenbird.info Donate to him here - http://tinyurl.com/32tj73j
There is ongoing updates with this process, it will not hurt you, but please check it frequently. Birdmans OP on AllDroid
Credit goes to Rainabba for the tutorial ............
I am out for the day, but check me out on twitter for more updates. Enjoy!