No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext ?

This is a discussion on No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext ? within the Droid X Hacks forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Hey guys, so I have a question for you: Last night, I went from stock 2.2 rooted, and installed 928Droid's deodex'd black glass theme, then ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext ?

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext ?

Hey guys, so I have a question for you:

Last night, I went from stock 2.2 rooted, and installed 928Droid's deodex'd black glass theme, then installed Onix's black notification bar. Things were going well, until I tried to install a Galaxy S theme onto my phone. I downloaded it, placed the .zip on my sd root, bootstrapped, rebooted into recovery and followed the installation procedure (which included wiping the cache and data). Upon my phone restarting, it was like new again (I'm guessing this is from wiping the data?) and I didn't feel like playing around and having to basically go through and set my phone up again.

So, I went back to bootstrap and recovery reboot, and loaded my backup of my stock 2.2 root again. Everything went fine, however I got a message "no sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext". It hasn't affected anything on my phone, I'm just curious as to what this means?

And also, since I had titanium backup, would I just have been able to restore all the files from my titanium backup on that new theme to get all my apps back, or was I right in just going and restoring a backup of my phone?

Sorry for the questions, but I am new to the whole phone mod world. Thanks guys!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think it just means that you don't have a partition on your sd card for the system. With some roms you can install apps to the sd card

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Yes, restoring titanium would bring your apps back. Be careful to only restore apps and not system data as some roms have different system set ups and this could cause problems. If any apps don't show up in the app tray or if they FC, uninstall them, then reinstall them. Should fix any problems.

The reason you got the no sd ext error is because you don't have one (and really shouldn't). Clockwork and Amon Ra (different recovery used on different systems) have the option to partition the sd card to ext 2, 3, or 4. The benefit to this is that systems with low internal memory can install and run apps from this partition (as your /system and /data phone partitions do). My last phone had only 1/2 GB internal memory. After installing a couple dozen apps, it was nearly full and bogged down the phone. So partitioning the sd card and using Darktremor Apps2sd was the best solution. I know you're probably thinking this is redundant since Froyo has apps2sd already but only a portion of the app file is actually moved with this method and some apps can't be moved at all......long story short, don't worry about that error and don't worry about apps2sd. The DX has 8 GB internal memory. If you fille it up, you have too many apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album picturesYour first Group
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    He said theme nothing about rom so I don't know why I guys started talking about thmemes but when u wiped u didn't have to u only wipe on rims and really u don't even have to then it is just recommended but u can go back and install theme and don't wipe everything will be.where u left it

Droid X- Apex 2.0
    Xoom- Tiamat 1.3.2

Follow Me on Twitter

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo1010 View Post
    He said theme nothing about rom so I don't know why I guys started talking about thmemes but when u wiped u didn't have to u only wipe on rims and really u don't even have to then it is just recommended but u can go back and install theme and don't wipe everything will be.where u left it

Obviously YOU didn't read the post. He knows that he wiped his phone by wiping data and his REAL question was about the no ext error when restoring a recovery.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads