Traded Droid X for a Samsung Fascinate

This is a discussion on Traded Droid X for a Samsung Fascinate within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I had a Droid X for two weeks and did not like how it would burn through a battery in one day or less. I ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traded Droid X for a Samsung Fascinate

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Traded Droid X for a Samsung Fascinate

I had a Droid X for two weeks and did not like how it would burn through a battery in one day or less. I did not care for its calendar or its screen design in general. I found that if I turned down the screen brightness that the battery life was better but then the screen was difficult to read. I wasn't impressed with the phone.

After two weeks and more research, I traded it for a Samsung Fascinate. It is BY FAR a better phone. The LED screen is approximately 20% brighter and uses 20% LESS power. The calendar and the design of all the screens is far superior. The X is a basic android by comparison. It is apparent that Samsung put a lot more thought and design into the Fascinate than did Motorola for the X. I believe the Fascinate is superior in virtually every way. I encourage you to compare the two before you buy a Droid X. The Fascinate is more refined and polished. The X would perhaps appeal more to a teenager.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Huh I thought the AMOLED screen the Galaxy S phones had uses more battery and burns through it faster. But hey good luck with your new phone. Pretty sure we have a Fascinate forum here as well.

Agent X
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    sorry but im going to have to disagree in some aspects

the droid x i believe is a superior phone. Its up to the user to tune this phone to their liking...maybe for a user with limited tech knowledge and someone who doesnt want to tinker and customize their phone then the galaxy will be a better phone straight outta the box. However if you take the time to learn and customize the X wow is it an amazing phone.

My X can easily go 2 days with normal/moderate use, and the screen set up beautiful...my calender and all other features on the phone are customized to my liking and I really couldnt ask for anythin more

and you stated the X would appeal more to a teenager? Teenagers like new and shiney toys...therefore I believe the fascinate would appeal more...that is until you got your hands dirty with an X and made it yours

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience PointsThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Folks let's not let this go downhill.

Skip this thread if you might possibly post something that could get yourself in trouble.

No name calling please.

X Informant
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Talking

My 13 year old niece would prefer the Fascinate because of the simplified interface out of the box, or maybe an iPhone. I'm 43, and much prefer the DX because of it's more tech-y exterior, metal construction instead of mostly plastic, has higher resolution without the blown out colors, has the HDMI port. I like tinkering with my devices, and have had so much fun rooting, changing themes and using home screen switchers. It's nice too that it got the 2.2 update sooner, and I love that my GPS works great on the DX, which was so helpful when I traveled last month. And I'm loving the size of my DX....I swear, I couldn't give up even the 3/10ths of an inch of screen real estate. LOL I can usually read most websites without even zooming.

I'm weirdly trying to get my best friend to consider the Fascinate because I want to play with it, but he's done a lot of reading and is pretty much stuck on the DX. But I hope you enjoy your phone! Android is so much better for my fun-factor than an iPhone, so if you like to do all the customizations, you'll have great fun with the Fascinate too. I don't even remember what the original interface of my DX looks like. Too much fun to change it up!

X Operative Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with the above post. That fascinate would be great for someone lacking in teching knowledge but those that posses that knowledge will have a great time with the X. I get great battery life off of my phone with moderate use and i have it set up just the way i want it. Granted it takes a little time but i wouldn't choose any other phone. The fascinate on the other had i that i had the ability to mess around with felt cheap, and plasticy in my hands. It didn't feel like the ruggid machine that i expect my power house smart phone to be, not to mention the blown out colors, and small screen size. They're both great phones they just both have slightly different customer bases.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Its an opinion. I respect it. I like the Fascinate as well. I'm keeping my X. But if I was in my 30 day window. I would definitely play with both phones. I can see it going either way. I think each phone is worthy...

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for posting your experience. I have used the Fascinate and it is an excellent phone. If I didn't already have a DX, I would seriously consider the Fascinate.

For me the DX is a better phone, tho. I like the feel of the unit much more than the Fascinate - much more solid. Frankly, I think the build quality of the DX is second to none, and the Fascinate is second to several, unfortunately. I also prefer the screen dimension/ratio on the DX to the Samsung. But I agree that the Fascinate's display shows colors better than the DX.

As far as battery consumption is concerned, I have had my ups and downs with the DX. Right now, I am able to get a full day's use out of the battery and that is fine with me.

Good luck!

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorOta View Post
    The fascinate on the other had i that i had the ability to mess around with felt cheap, and plasticy in my hands. It didn't feel like the ruggid machine that i expect my power house smart phone to be, not to mention the blown out colors, and small screen size.
    I agree 100% & a chic I work with has the fascinate & I've used it extensively.

I control the corporate cell account where I work (78 phones) & I could swap my X for a fascinate tomorrow if I wanted to, but I like my highly customized X better is every way really.

We have iphones where I work too & I wouldn't swap for one of those either but it's nice to have all these choices......

~John

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    In all due respect, the OP is wrong.
    My DroidX easily gets a day or more without having to be on the charger. AMOLED will burn through batteries if you setup you phone with a white or gray background.
    AMOLED is fine if you don't want bright colors. There are a couple of benchmarks that have been done and the D2 and DX have the best battery life of *ANY* Android phone.
    The construction is much better than the Galaxy S. The only Galaxy S phone I happen to like the feel of is the AT&T version. The T-Moble and Verizon look to iPhoney-ish fror me. Also the DX had 8GB of internal storage. The Galaxy S is light in memory with only 2GB. It might be a problem for future OS updates. Also until Samsung adresses the GPS issue, it's a sub-par phone.

Lastly since it's not a "Droid" but a plain Android phone, it's frick'n got Bing. Bing is enough to not buy a phone.

Me -> RX Rooted, Deodex, Themed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads