Samsung Fascinate better than DX --> CNET review

This is a discussion on Samsung Fascinate better than DX --> CNET review within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I haven't tried the Samsung Fascinate but I can't believe it is better than the DX (according to CNEt). interesting review but maybe a little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Fascinate better than DX --> CNET review

X Lurker
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Samsung Fascinate better than DX --> CNET review

I haven't tried the Samsung Fascinate but I can't believe it is better than the DX (according to CNEt).
    interesting review but maybe a little but unfair in my opinion... check it out.

Samsung Fascinate vs. Motorola Droid X - CNET Prizefight - CNET.com

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Meh anything "new" is bound to be "better".

By the time this phone is off it's 2 year contract I bet dual processors will be the "norm" for high end smart phones.

Edit:

I disagree with the AMOLED screen. In direct sunlight it blows. Or it does on the Incredible anyway.

I do agree that the Droid X camera sucks compared to other phones. My wifes 4 year old iPhone takes a better picture. In quality not megapixels.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    That was arbitrary. As said, just because it's new and shiny, it got the "ooh... ahhhh" response. If you listen to what they said, there really is no reason for the numbers to turn out like they did, one round should have been a tie, but it went to Fascinate, and the last round should have gone to the X, but was given to the Fascinate to allow it to come out on top.

In another review, I read that the Fascinate is just a bit hesitant. That when you press a button, there is a perceptible pause that makes it feel slower than it is/should be with the hardware it's packing under the hood. Even more bizarrely, this was also in comparison to other Galaxy S phones, meaning the Captivate is better than the Fascinate. The screen on the Captivate IS amazing, however I didn't take it outside, and it's noticably smaller (than the X) too. I'd rather the size, it's not like the X looks bad. (in fact, I think the iPad looks excellent, and the X has a higher pixel density than the iPad)

And they just brushed over the Bing integration. I have nothing against Bing, and I'm far from a google fanboi, but this level of lock-down control is worrisome. Does the Fascinate have free turn by turn? Without google, it can't offer google maps at any rate. And the 2.2 OTA for the X included VZ Navigator, so I'm guessing that's the only option on the Fascinate.
    Nextel i1000+ -> Motorola Razr V3 -> Droid X

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Well I would not consider a .2 difference a "knock-out punch" for the fascinate to be so much better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I always take these comparison reviews by tech sites such as CNET with a big grain of salt. I suspect they may be paid by the manufacturer to give a great review for a particular phone.

X Operative
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Bonnie Cha (Cnet Reviewer) gave both the Fascinate and the X an identical score, but the users gave the Fascinate 3 stars and the X 4. There's about 40 more user reviews for the X, but the whole thing makes me agree with hchsim. Samsung probably wanted their phone to stand out, so they did some lobbying.

X Informant
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I do remember though (you can read the oldest reviews of the Fascinate on CNET) that a lot of people that don't even own the phone, before it was even released, gave it 1-star reviews because it had the default Bing search. I hate it when people that have never touched or experienced a device give it a 1-star rating, ruining it's average forever. At least on Amazon, if you sign in, you can post an honest review and it will be labeled as a verified purchase.

Technician X
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Taking into account that they all disliked the camera bump on the back of the DX it would have pretty much been a draw. Also, as was said earlier, newer will always have somewhat of an advantage.
    "Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I had the Captivate on AT&T for a week and liked it a lot. That being said, I love the X more. Bigger screen, less restricted out of the box makes the X better than the Galaxy S series, in my opinion.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 1.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Agreed that the scores did not appear to correlate with the commentary. Whatever. There will always be a better mousetrap. No regrets for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads