froyo installed by itself....

This is a discussion on froyo installed by itself.... within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I did NOT download froyo.... in fact I didn't want to download froyo because I hate change and I wanted to wait to see how ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: froyo installed by itself....

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

froyo installed by itself....

I did NOT download froyo.... in fact I didn't want to download froyo because I hate change and I wanted to wait to see how the reviews went. It downloaded and installed all by itself while I was at work.... that's not right.

Also now when I go to "MAnage Applications" and I see everything that's "Running" are all those things supposed to be running now? None of that was there before froyo came...

When I go to battery use it says.... Android System, com.motorola.providers, com.motorola.home, browser, Android OS.... are all those things supposed to be using my battery up?? Before froyo, none of that was there... just display was....

I need better battery life!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    So...do you want to not have Froyo or better battery life? I mean I dunno if all those things should be on but are you getting worse battery life?

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It will just say all this extra things till you next plug it in, no big deal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

X Informant
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It installed on mine too. I was waiting to install it but Verizon had other ideas I guess.

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    They haven't gotten to my phone yet. I mean it's a bit of pain with no 3G but at least now I can have it on for over 7 hours and only lose 20% battery.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    what do you mean NO 3G??? And yes I am getting worse battery life

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by novaqueen20 View Post
    I did NOT download froyo.... in fact I didn't want to download froyo because I hate change and I wanted to wait to see how the reviews went. It downloaded and installed all by itself while I was at work.... that's not right.

Also now when I go to "MAnage Applications" and I see everything that's "Running" are all those things supposed to be running now? None of that was there before froyo came...

When I go to battery use it says.... Android System, com.motorola.providers, com.motorola.home, browser, Android OS.... are all those things supposed to be using my battery up?? Before froyo, none of that was there... just display was....

I need better battery life!
    Relax! Breathe! Step away from the edge!!

First things first.. Yes, you will be seeing more in the Manage Applications and Battery Manager sections on the phone. Before a lot of this was hidden from view (But still running). Now we are provided with a better detailed view of what is running and what is using battery life.

I recommend you spending a few minutes and setting up a custom Battery Profile in the battery manager to help extend the battery life (Mine has gone up significantly with 2.2 and my custom profile).

X Operative
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    mine has *not*...
    I will have to do some more rigorous testing tomorrow but I can tell you that my battery is disappearing far faster than previously.

also - I noticed that with the phone just sitting - no phone calls, WIFI/BT/GPS all off, etc my battery is draining much more than before, the culprit appears to be "Cell Standby".

why should the DX lose so much juice in standby?

also - why does the phone recommend that I use "Airplane Mode" all the time now if I want to conserve battery power?
    it was never necessary before!

b

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by novaqueen20 View Post
    what do you mean NO 3G??? And yes I am getting worse battery life
    I use Juice Defender to turn off my 3G

X Operative
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The update would have never gotten to me because I am always in 1x. That's right I rarely get 3g. Thanks to wifi I can have fast internet. They need a 3g network for verizon where I live lol. I drove 20 min and im in 3g. Just right over the mountain behind my house...... I never go over there because all I need such as stores and stuff are in the same county I live in.

Anywho I went on top of the mountain because I wanted the update and so far it runs great.

Btw even though we have no 3g in the county I live in, verizon has the best coverage here compared to at&t, sprint, tmobile and a few others and they all have 3g in my area but their service coverage is beyond terrible.
    Last edited by encephalon9986; 09-24-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads