Battery drained fast!!!

This is a discussion on Battery drained fast!!! within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Had 90 percent when I left at 7am this morning. It just went dead five hours later. And had very minimal use. A few texts ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battery drained fast!!!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.9%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    356 times

Battery drained fast!!!

Had 90 percent when I left at 7am this morning. It just went dead five hours later. And had very minimal use. A few texts and maybe twenty minutes of net. I keep my phone in a locker at work and.that has always caused issues with my droid. But it always lasted at least until i got off work. We'll see how it goes after a fresh charge.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    if the locker is metal the droid might be freaking out trying to grab a signal?

just my $0.02

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Try ATK and cleanoid.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Please read this before you root your X!
    Feel free to thank me if you think I helped. (<<<The button is on this left)
    Check out my new BLOG!

X Operative Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've heard a few stories of the wall charger being bad so it is not getting a good charge. Try directly to the computer or car charger and see if you have same draining problem. Also, kill any moto widgits you aren't using.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    I swapped out my battery already - it failed to charge (even the UI showed the battery as discharging rather than charging).
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)
    www.FreeMyMoto.com -- Android kexec project

X Lurker
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yesterday mine went to 30% pretty quick (was playing with it all morning), so i turned it off for about half an hr, then it was back up to 70%... today, i've played with it significantly less and had battery saver mode on all day, and still down to 30% less than 7 hrs after unplugging. i reboot and after less than 30 seconds, back up to 70%. WTF?

interestingly enough, the main battery page says "2h 2m xx since unplugged," even though it's been way longer than that (the cumulative total on the 4 detail screens is correct though). double-wtf?

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KDogg View Post
    yesterday mine went to 30% pretty quick (was playing with it all morning), so i turned it off for about half an hr, then it was back up to 70%... today, i've played with it significantly less and had battery saver mode on all day, and still down to 30% less than 7 hrs after unplugging. i reboot and after less than 30 seconds, back up to 70%. WTF?

interestingly enough, the main battery page says "2h 2m xx since unplugged," even though it's been way longer than that (the cumulative total on the 4 detail screens is correct though). double-wtf?
    Similar issue, earlier today i had 40% left and wanted to reboot because of an unrelated reason. When i turned the phone back on, it was suddenly reporting 70% and im still at 60% left now. Not sure whats up.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    This is all standard with a new Android phone, guys. You have to either calibrate it yourself or wait over time for it to calibrate itself. Your choice. If you don't want to calibrate it, then expect some unreliable indications of battery life.
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As far as putting the droid in your locker. Turn on airplane mode before putting it in your locker. Then it won't be struggling for a signal all day.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    As far as putting the droid in your locker. Turn on airplane mode before putting it in your locker. Then it won't be struggling for a signal all day.
    That's a pretty good idea!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads