Convert HDMI output to RCA?

This is a discussion on Convert HDMI output to RCA? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Originally Posted by jmorton10 The point of this thread (which seems to have completely confused you) I am not "confused" but if I am looking ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Convert HDMI output to RCA?

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

The point of this thread (which seems to have completely confused you)

I am not "confused" but if I am looking at $200 solutions I am buying a new TV. Period. Not to mention. Image quality is going to blow with a HDMI -> RCA. That's just my take on it.

Hech here is one for $160
    http://www.shopwiki.com/_13.3+Inch+N...55&o=372856188

I have a converter in my truck (not RV) for just such a purpose but suit yourself.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
    I am not "confused" but if I am looking at $200 solutions I am buying a new TV. Period. Not to mention. Image quality is going to blow with a HDMI -> RCA. That's just my take on it.

Hech here is one for $160
    13.3 Inch Naxa NX-551 12 Volt AC/DC 12 Volt 1080i HDTV LCD DVD Combo with ATSC Digital TV Tuner - Stores and Prices

I have a converter in my truck (not RV) for just such a purpose but suit yourself.

You're most definitely confused if you think "buying a new TV" is a solution to this thread.

I think most people realize it is pretty easy to buy a TV for under $200 (I used to own a retail stereo shop & I could buy a TV wholesale if that's what I wanted) but that wouldn't solve anything.

When I had my TP2 I could easily output Sling Mobile to the three monitors that are built in to my truck & the quality was just fine. It was obviously not 1080p high def (I have a 60" home theater setup for that) but the quality was perfectly fine for watching an NFL football game/HBO movie/Disney channel for my kids etc. etc.

This was absolutely perfect for long trips etc when we drive my Ford Escape Hybrid to save gas as opposed to the 7-8 mpg motorhome (460 Ford motor W/Holley four barrel).

Now, with the DroidX there is no easy way to accomplish this like there was with the TP2. The guy with the Tahoe & the factory Bowes system is in the same boat.

All the other posters in this thread are suggesting ways to try and accomplish this. Hauling around another TV running from 12v or an inverter would certainly work, but is hardly a reasonable solution to the problem.

~John

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Like I said if buying a few $50-$200 video converters suits your needs better.... have at it.

To me... Going from HDMI to RCA to me is is silly. What is that like 3 steps down??? From digital to analog, 1970's technology (HDMI > Component > S-Video > Composite (RCA)) You are better off just sticking with what you have or buying an upgrade to to what i already kicking out video on an RCA jack like an old laptop or something.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I know of NO in dash GPS/radio that has a HDMI in and that is what the OP is trying to hook up to. If someone wants to drive around with a tv on their pass seat all the power to them but be assured the police will take notice.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tower101 View Post
    I know of NO in dash GPS/radio that has a HDMI in and that is what the OP is trying to hook up to. If someone wants to drive around with a tv on their pass seat all the power to them but be assured the police will take notice.
    LOL, at least one person understands what I was talking about ..

~John

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    a 7" tv is a 7" TV. We are not talking about putting a 32" in the passenger seat

I understand what you are talking about just don't agree with your premise. If you wanted to run your phone out to an HDMI splitter then run it to dual 7 inch HDMI screens I would be behind you 100%. But the cost is a factor. I mean for the prices of some of the converters you could buy everyone in the car their own personal HD TV with remote!
    JXD A30 7 inch Screen 8GB TV-out HDMI Remote MP3 MP4 Player...USD129.58 Wholesale Price at DHgate.com

I hope you find a solution that suites you.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morton 10 View Post

~John

Ya kind of funny how some can't get passed their own opinion even though it is totally not relevant to what is being asked I guess some just need to feel important.

I have a Kenwood 6140 with 2 lcds in the back, plus the one in the dash of course and I am thinking about getting a converter as well let me know how it works for you (you can be the guinea pig )

X Informant
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
    John,

I understand *exactly* what you're talking about. In fact, I'm reading this thread for the exact same reason you created it. I have 3 integrated monitors in my 4runner currently, and none of them are HDMI compatible. I will likely be doing some kind of converter myself, but I need to finish the work on my front monitor, have some fiberglassing to do, etc, etc. My ultimate plan is to have a HDMI port fit in my console so I can plug any device into it at a moment's notice. I'll post up pics here when I get it done, but it will likely be a few months before I have the time (real life and all that.)

DebianDog - until you put the work in to create a real car audio show system, shut your trap. You have no idea what you're talking about. Also, the whole "down-conversion" from HDMI to composite/s-video, is a non-factor in mobile audio. If you think John (or I) are going to be watching static and grainy monitors by going to RCA/S-vid, then you're even duller than your posts have already led me to believe. You remind me of the type of person who would come into my local audio store and start waxing poetic about spdif vs vinyl... you seem to have no *actual* experience, but you're certainly willing to offer your opinion up as the only solution to a problem that you don't understand. Get bent.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    I have been doing video for 10+ years son. Like I said suit yourself.

Swyped on my X

X Informant
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
    I have been doing video for 10+ years son. Like I said suit yourself.

Swyped on my X
    Mobile video? Working on grounding issues and interference? Using 250+ amps of current?

You're a pro, I'm sure.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads