Convert HDMI output to RCA?

This is a discussion on Convert HDMI output to RCA? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Originally Posted by brianhoops Thanks to everyone. Ive found a few options now. I know its odd to be asking how to "down-convert" my flippin ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Convert HDMI output to RCA?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brianhoops View Post
    Thanks to everyone. Ive found a few options now. I know its odd to be asking how to "down-convert" my flippin phone. Wow. Just think of the technology we're employing here: Directv HD NFL signal (or whatever the heck I want to watch) being received in my home in Illinois, being sent via my Slingbox hd to my DX over 3g (which works amazingly well). At that point, we will convert back to analog and input into the Yukon's DVD, Bose suround-sound enabled system and watch on 2, 7-inch LCD displays while tailgating. And that will work anywhere I can get a 3G signal....

I need more to do.
    Your next project could be upgrading to 24" monitors:
    inuyasha.rules likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Gman..... thanks for replying. Isn't it your app that will make my NFL experience possible? No blackouts when I'm using my Slingbox to view NFLTicket using your HDMI app. Thanks for your help!!!

Otherwise you are correct. I would suspect the NFL to make sure I was "inhibited" on game day.
    Lol, got my brain crossed on threads. Yeah slingbox of the NFLTicket should work great. The actual "Nfl Mobile" app seems tends to blacklist you when you are near a stadium on game day.

Yeah the HDMI out app is my little creation. The hack was so simple, the whole app side of things has been a learning experience as am much better of taking stuff apart then building something. Been trying to get a hold of the slingbox folks to try to get some information to them to help them improve the slingbox experience over HDMI, but haven't much luck. I have been trying to reach out to app developers such as slingbox, skyfire and others to try to get them to make a few tweaks to make the HDMI out display from their apps better on the DX. Changes on their end are fairly simple and won't have negative effects on other phones. But it remains to be seen whether or not the DX is even a blip on these folks radar or if its to much of a niche for them to want to put in the effort.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I know you've already found a few devices, but just in case you missed this one...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...01&cp_id=10114

I'm not sure how well it works, but it has good reviews. Monoprice usually has great stuff anyway.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks to everyone. Ive found a few options now. I know its odd to be asking how to "down-convert" my flippin phone. Wow. Just think of the technology we're employing here: Directv HD NFL signal (or whatever the heck I want to watch) being received in my home in Illinois, being sent via my Slingbox hd to my DX over 3g (which works amazingly well). At that point, we will convert back to analog and input into the Yukon's DVD, Bose suround-sound enabled system and watch on 2, 7-inch LCD displays while tailgating. And that will work anywhere I can get a 3G signal....

I need more to do.

So what did you decide to use & have you actually done it yet??

I would still like to hook mine up the same way, Ihave just the sound hooked up for now.....

~John

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Gman..... thanks for replying. Isn't it your app that will make my NFL experience possible? No blackouts when I'm using my Slingbox to view NFLTicket using your HDMI app.
    I'm curious, how does this setup produce "no black-outs"??

If my local coverage team is blacked out because the game did not sell out, isn't it still blacked out on the NFLTicket also??

~John

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sfitkin View Post
    I know you've already found a few devices, but just in case you missed this one...

Analog/Digital Format Converters

I'm not sure how well it works, but it has good reviews. Monoprice usually has great stuff anyway.
    This. Only run you $40-50, but then again, it'd be mediocre quality regardless.

HDNOMNOM

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    For $200 I would just buy a new TV.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
    For $200 I would just buy a new TV.

I would too, but we're not talking about hooking to a TV here.

The problem is hooking to a mobile video system that only has RCA inputs.

I have a 7" Eclipse in-dash DVD/NAV system that played video just fine from my old TouchPro 2, but there is no easy way to accomplish that with a DroidX.

I don't think I've ever seen a mobile system with an HDMI input.

~John

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
    I would too, but we're not talking about hooking to a TV here.
    12 volt --- mobile. What's the difference? Nothing. There are TONS of 12V TVs many with HDMI.
    Leading distributors supply several popular brands of 12 V TVs including Skyworth, Naxa and Supersoni. Screen size varies from 7 to 22 inches. Many models come with LCD monitors and all have built-in ATSC digital tuners, setting the stage for sterling entertainment wherever you are. The input panel of the 22" 12 volt TV can support practically any device including cable box, PC, speakers, and more.

These televisions easily fit into the shelves and cabinets of motor homes or semi trucks. The flat panel 12V televisions have a foundation. Advanced models are wall mount ready and work with standard, universal mounting hardware. Some of the exceptional features of the standard 22" inch widescreen HD LCD 12v television include:

• Built-in full function DVD Player: DVD, VCD, CD, CDG, CD-R and CD-RW
    • High definition digital ATSC TV tuner
    • HDMI input(s)
    • Draws 60-80 W
    • Dolby digital AC-3 for high quality surround sound effect
    • Sleep timer function
    • Multi-language on-screen display (OSD)
    • TV system: ATSC and NTSC
    • Power source: UL approved AC100V-240V 50/60Hz
    • Input terminal: HDMI/VGA/YPbPr/S-Video/AV Audio/Video/PC Audio/RF
    • Full function remote control
    • UL or ETL listed
    Heck you could install a converter and run 110V

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    We're not taling about a motorhome here (I actually have a motorhome & hooking the DroidX to that system is a piece of cake)

The point of this thread (which seems to have completely confused you) is to hook the phone to an existing integrated system that does not have hdmi capability.

If I wanted to drive around with a TV sitting on the seat next to me, I could do that easily with it plugged into a 12v to AC inverter.

~John

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads