Diamond Wireless Protection??

This is a discussion on Diamond Wireless Protection?? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Has anyone ever heard of Diamond Wireless Protection (phone warranty)? The seem to be based in shopping malls. They have a web site, but no ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By techster

Thread: Diamond Wireless Protection??

X Lurker
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Diamond Wireless Protection??

Has anyone ever heard of Diamond Wireless Protection (phone warranty)? The seem to be based in shopping malls. They have a web site, but no information on their phone protection service. The service is $6.99/month and they say it covers everything on your phone. Pretty much the same level as Verizon's top protection plan. I was going to go with Square Trade until I say this one. Now I'm not sure.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bet all of them do basically the same thing the vzw one now has a mobile recovery and the replacement is sent overnight make.sure these do.the same

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    It would not surprise me if Squaretrade or Asurion owned them.......
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    It would not surprise me if Squaretrade or Asurion owned them.......
    Diamond Wireless Protection owns every other insurance company. They provide on site claim fulfillment the same day. Not to mention you get a BRAND NEW phone. Not some refurbished piece of garbage. You don't have to wait and your phone isn't a refurb? Plus they don't charge any B.S. hidden fees like Asurion.

So you make the call.

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Coverage Details

• Coverage begins on the 31st day after purchase (30 day waiting period).
    • Claims must be filed within 10 days of incident. Lost or stolen claims require a police report
    • Cell phones will be replaced at a Diamond Wireless location after claim approval is finalized or shipped within 24- 48 hours of claim approval.
    • All replacement equipment may be new or remanufactured.
    • If your exact model is not available, you will receive equipment of like kind and quality in terms of features and technology.
    • A monthly fee automatically billed to your credit card by Diamond Wireless.
    • Low Deductible Schedule (based on phone MSRP): $0.00 - $149.99$35.00$150.00 - $299.99$50.00$300.00+ (or any PDA, smartphone,etc.)$75.00*Additional $25.00 fee for each claim after the initial claim
      *Average MSRP is $220.00 - $500.00
    • To Learn more about Diamond Wireless Protection and VIP Service Program call (877) 770-1555. A representative will be available to assist you Monday through Friday 10:00AM to 9:00PM MST

I made the call !! I will stick with verizon. Read above taken off their site.
    All replacement equipment may be new or remanufactured.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I wouldn't touch these guys with a ten-foot pole. They replaced the phone but you have to file a police report and get the number for them to even talk to you. Then if you try to cancel your coverage, they charge you another $35 because you made a claim. In other words, you are stuck with them for another year unless you pay this penalty. They do not tell you this when you sign up or when you make a claim. It is hidden in the fine print. They are basically scum in the way they talk to you.
    AirtonB likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    I have insurance through them cause thats where I got my phone (VZW told me it would be a 2 week wait, diamond was sold out at that store but the sales guy drove two hours away to get the last one from another store for me). Haven't had to use the insurance yet, and don't intend to. Looking at the terms now, vzw insurance might be the better way to go

I had insurance with Diamond Wireless for many years ... I bought my new iPhone last 25/01/2014. Last night I lost it. I called 1-877-770-1555 and they could do nothing to help me. I was so frustrated. I canceled all my plans with them. They asked me to inform the police department that I lost my phone and I did. I was nearly 40 minutes with them on the phone to tell me that nothing they could do for me. Be careful when buying any type of service or insurance with Diamond wireless! Good luck

Remove Ads

Ads