QUESTION: managing files on droid x...how to transfer files between computer and DX?

This is a discussion on QUESTION: managing files on droid x...how to transfer files between computer and DX? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; are you guys using the vcast manager? or just plugging the droidx via the oem usb cable? im having a hard time figuring this thing ...

Thread: QUESTION: managing files on droid x...how to transfer files between computer and DX?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

QUESTION: managing files on droid x...how to transfer files between computer and DX?

are you guys using the vcast manager?

or just plugging the droidx via the oem usb cable?

im having a hard time figuring this thing out... the file management isnt very intuitive...

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I use the usb cord! I just save any files I want to my PC and be on my way lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

X Operative
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mostly I use the USB cable. I have tested bluetooth file transfer which worked well but I wouldn't want to transfer several files using bluetooth, just the occasional photo. If you're looking for a music/video manager so you can sync music/vids I use doubletwist. Some say tunesync works but I believe it only works with os x 10.6 I'm still running 10.5 on my mac.

What are you trying to do?

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by didiwags View Post
    I use the usb cord! I just save any files I want to my PC and be on my way lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    i tried that but sometimes there are folders that show up on the astro app on my DX that DONT show up when i plug the DX into my computer...

weird?!

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i guess i would just like to transfer some MP3s and videos to my DX.

at this point, i have a "media" folder and one "audio" and one "video" subfolder.

the videos work fine because i just use the free version of rockplayer. that seems to work pretty well.

as for the music, i have tried using the native mp3 player but it doesnt load all of my music...

i am thinking perhaps it is because under "audio" i have multiple subfolders...

does this make sense?!

X Informant
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fongaroos View Post
    i guess i would just like to transfer some MP3s and videos to my DX.

at this point, i have a "media" folder and one "audio" and one "video" subfolder.

the videos work fine because i just use the free version of rockplayer. that seems to work pretty well.

as for the music, i have tried using the native mp3 player but it doesnt load all of my music...

i am thinking perhaps it is because under "audio" i have multiple subfolders...

does this make sense?!
    I just loaded a bunch of music over onto my phone and the default music player is picking up everything fine. I have them in the Music folder on the main page and then broken down into sub-folders for artist and further sub-folders for albums. That being the case I don't think the sub-folders would be your problem.

X Operative
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yeah makes sense. I forget what format you want to use if you're trying to add music and say for instance you have two albums from the same artist. I would suggest looking for a media manager in the market. I use doubleTwist it can sync playlist from iTunes to the X with album art too!

X Informant
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I used the format I showed above and have some folders for artists with 5 - 6 sub-folders for albums. Everything display perfectly in the stock player.

The only thing I did was connect via the USB cable and drag and drop the files onto the SD card. Cover art and everything comes over just fine without the need for any special software. All that matters is that your music is properly tagged on your PC before moving the files over.

Remove Ads

Ads